Creightons Disposed of my car

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
True the APR rates are insane, that's why I said last resort though lol if you could.shift the car quick and pay it off in a day or two it mightnt be so bad though?

I see what you mean but thats the catch, probably so many unfortunate people out there think along the same lines and before they know it they are ruined.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
And if he can't sell the car quickly enough, he'll be totally f*cked.

Work out their storage fee, add a few quid for yourself and see if comes in a lot cheaper than ebay/PH/gumtree and see if you can make a quick buck on it.

Best of a bad situation really.

SMcP114

RMS Regular
Drives
Austin Allegro
What about a credit card with as Tesco have / had when I applied few months ago 0% Apr on purchases.

Would give you a year and a half to sell the vectra and you get your 4k car back.

It would take a few weeks to be sent out.

Maybe I've missed it, how much is the storage fee? And what's the total cost of getting the car back?

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
£120 pickup fee
£16 for first 14 days
£25 every day after the 14 days.

Two options depending on his wording.

Option 1:
£120 + £16 + £750 (@£25 per day ater 14 days, 17th December to today) = £886

Option 2:
£120 + £224 (@£16 per day for 14 days) + £750 (@£25 per day ater 14 days, 17th December to today) = £1094

Cheapest Alfa on PH is £2400, so at handling fees plus X in his pocket, it's a cheap motor.

SMcP114

RMS Regular
Drives
Austin Allegro
Surely any local dealer would be interested at that price? I'd rather that than to just lose it altogether.

gt_86

RMS Regular
If there is finance on the car, then after Creightons recover it on instruction of the police, they CANNOT sell or dispose of it.

Fact.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
If there is finance on the car, then after Creightons recover it on instruction of the police, they CANNOT sell or dispose of it.

Fact.

Yes....but "mistakes" happen.

Often those "mistakes" result in financial gain for someone though...strangely.

gt_86

RMS Regular
@stevieturbo If someone has sent it for auction or breaking then they have made more than a "mistake", it's pretty much the first thing that should be checked before anything is done with the car.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
It sounds like it's a dealer offering his own 'finance' and not a proper finance company. This may mean that it wouldn't show up on a check as the dealer is financing it himself from his own pocket and may not by licensed to offer finance. Just a thought.

But as stated above a lot more to this story.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
@stevieturbo If someone has sent it for auction or breaking then they have made more than a "mistake", it's pretty much the first thing that should be checked before anything is done with the car.

I agree..which is why I'd call it theft.

But same with other wrong doings within the legal system. They either make them legal, or call them mistakes and just overlook them

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.