Defender Crash

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
If you have somewhere to take it and store it securely, I'd be getting it moved ASAP.

redxl77

RMS Regular
Get it back and then transported to the likes of @Ged. It's a defender, just needs a few bits bolted back on!

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
I'm beginning to see that I have a 2022 pickup on loan at £227 a day, that near £7k a month!! If repaired this could go on for months, 2 weeks and not even assessed.
Be very careful with high daily rate “courtesy” vehicles. I have witnessed a judge take umbrage with Crash for exorbitant costs associated with hired vehicles. Said judge took what he deemed the extra from the amount of compensation given by the court. Was the same for tools replaced out of the van …. Compensation £25k, MINUS £10k for car hire, MINUS £5k for tools….. guy ended up with a £10k compensation figure, when he should have received the full amount …. Non fault collision like this

Boksic

RMS Regular
Are you even insured with those plates on it?...

(I joke, but it's not like RMS not to pick up on the finer details like that)

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
That's awful. I hope you get it sorted quickly!!
Some great advice above. My wife had a Pug 206 a few years ago, and she ran into the back of a discovery. It was a gentle nudge, and his towbar took the brunt of it. The bonnet of the 206 was dented, and the grill cracked. There was no otger damage. We were advised to go through insurance in case the innocent party decided to lodge an injury claim.

Anyway, due to the very light damage, my wife kept driving the car to her work for the next few days, without issue. After 4 days, insurance company sent a courtesy car on a low loader, and took the 206 away to be assessed and repaired (or so I thought).

After about a week, we got word through that the 206 was being written off due to uneconomical repair. The list of damage included burst radiator, both headlamps, both wings - none of which were damaged when it left us.

Still, we got paid for the car okay, amd got a reasonable amount too. But, a very odd experience, as it wasn't a very desirable, or even nice car.

Good luck.

Niall

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Some great advice above. My wife had a Pug 206 a few years ago, and she ran into the back of a discovery. It was a gentle nudge, and his towbar took the brunt of it. The bonnet of the 206 was dented, and the grill cracked. There was no otger damage. We were advised to go through insurance in case the innocent party decided to lodge an injury claim.

Anyway, due to the very light damage, my wife kept driving the car to her work for the next few days, without issue. After 4 days, insurance company sent a courtesy car on a low loader, and took the 206 away to be assessed and repaired (or so I thought).

After about a week, we got word through that the 206 was being written off due to uneconomical repair. The list of damage included burst radiator, both headlamps, both wings - none of which were damaged when it left us.

Still, we got paid for the car okay, amd got a reasonable amount too. But, a very odd experience, as it wasn't a very desirable, or even nice car.

Good luck.

Niall
Sounds like the lads in the yard have been raking about in it?

“Aye sure it’ll be a write off anyway”

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often

Good luck.

Niall
This happens a lot with motorbike crashes, x company deliver a brand new ducati to replace your little 125 thats scratched but bulletproof- when you work from home and the bikes a weekend toy.

The hire costs then get lumped onto you and there's absolutely no way out once you sign for it

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
I’d follow advice on here about getting it lifted to a place you trust. I had a similar experience 6 years ago where my car was recovered to a recovery yard, I arrived to collect the car and my double din head unit was missing. Que the old “It wasn’t there when we lifted her mate”. Luckily after a bit of back and forth my family knew the owner of the recovery company and I was compensated for the radio.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I used Crash as well and just getting mine sorted last week there after over 2 years.

Will echo the hire car costs, I honestly could not believe it. OK my range rover was a 2006 so a bit older but my like for like replacement was a 2005 Shogun which was stinking and smelt like cow sh1te. Drove like sh1te also.
The cost for having this magnificent beast for 3 weeks.........£15k! I sh1t you not, probably 3 times the vehicle value.
I would've said no to a hire car normally but needed a 4x4 due to snow at the time and needing to get on with daily life. Unreal!

The good thing about them is everything eventually got sorted, and JMK solicitors who they appointed were very good.

I had no issues getting the RR back home a few days after the accident and for a good price as well.

Hopefully you get it sorted, is a lovely Defender and doesn't seem so badly damaged

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
The cost for having this magnificent beast for 3 weeks.........£15k! I sh1t you not, probably 3 times the vehicle value.

No wonder premiums are so high, but the law or insurance companies will never admit it's them causing it !!

I wonder how much Crash charge for their "services" too ?