Disgusted

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular
rosie said:
for a few weeks after the accident it was all
" he was only walking his dog"

yes he was walkinh his invisible dog whilst highly intoxicated!!

Just as well the police were out and had it all documented to stop him making up a load of porkies. (no pun intended :p )

jamesy

rosie

RMS Regular
OP
rosie
Drives
anything that bl
I know thankfully the police know thats a pile of lies. I have 3 really good witnesses who were in hte oncoming car and saw the whole thing so fingers crossed I'll be ok.

Capman the police wanted to do the guy I hit with j walking too but hte bloody pps over ruled it and said due to his injuries he suffered enough. :worried:

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
rosie said:
ha ha is it wrong to say I laughed at that?
I really hope he hasn't as I've been told you can get up to £20,000 for a badly broken leg. NOw double that and add on his broken arms etc and that a tidy sum.

I think the 20k for a broken leg is abit extreme!! My dad had his leg shattered and has a plate to basically support the leg! He wont get anywhere near that. He has a whole load of other injuries after some ****wit came across the central reservation on the bangor carriageway and hit his van head on!!

that was 2 1/2years ago and he still hasnt seen a penny!!! the guy walked away with a 3 months prision sentence which he served and has been out for ages now! If thats justice i give up!

rosie

RMS Regular
OP
rosie
Drives
anything that bl
There is no justice anymore I've totaly gave up on the idea of it.

I'm not sure if the £20,000 is accurate but at least your dad deserves the money and lots more for what he went through.

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
rosie said:
Capman the police wanted to do the guy I hit with j walking too but hte bloody pps over ruled it and said due to his injuries he suffered enough. :worried:
Yeah the PPS and courts can be sympathetic sometimes. Although i can't complain as i got away with a £200 fine on monday for something i would otherwise have had a custodial sentence for. :innocent:

If your witnesses have made statements i wouldn't worry too much about it. Only real problem i had was that while the guy i hit continued to try and claim off my insurance, it meant they wouldn't release my no-claims bonus as there was a claim still pending on it. And he even tried claiming off me but i chucked his solicitors letters in the bin and said good joke.:party:

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Thats ridiculous Rosie, hope it works out for you, the b/f had a similar incident and had to pay for the damage to his own car which was about 700. His solicitor managed to get the man to sign a form saying he would never put in a claim as he was drunk, which was a great relief.

Ade Hughes

RMS Regular
Drives
mk6.5 fiesta zet
seen a drunk guy gettin knocked down outside lush in protrush. the car just drove on. cheeky ******* like. knocked someone down and just drove on. hope ya get this sorted rosie. the fella dosent deserve a penny off ya. good luck (y)

Gibonz

RMS Regular
Drives
W204
Do not worry,get yourself a great solicitor and he will tear this guy apart in court.As mentioned before,he hasnt a leg to stand on lol

Your were minding your own business,no drink,no speeding and this guy strays onto the road into the path of your car.

It blatantly is his fault,carelessness for the most part.

Your solicitor should make him out to be a moneygrabber,claiming on you when he is at fault.Solely being motivated to get a few grand.

I think the courts will take your side on this.Any decent person would!

BJ

Banned
Gibonz said:
I think the courts will take your side on this.Any decent person would!

You would think so wouldn't you. :relieved:

Had a similar but rather more serious incident a long time ago Rosie so you have my sympathy.

I had a drunk walk out infront of me and I killed him,his companion who was not injured at all but witnessed what happened claimed of me for mental anguish or some bollox and ended up getting £1500 compo after 5 years through the court system! Even though my solicitors discredited the witnesses who were in court my *ahem* comments to the magistrate about the case sort of sealed my fate!;)

I'll always remember the smile on the eejits face as he was awarded the money and the sense of pleasure I had knowing I'll never stoop that low!(y)

big cyril

RMS Regular
BJ said:
I had a drunk walk out infront of me and I killed him,

Sounds more like he killed himself by walking out in front of a car whilst drunk....

Welcome back BTW

rosie

RMS Regular
OP
rosie
Drives
anything that bl
BJ said:
You would think so wouldn't you. :relieved:

Had a similar but rather more serious incident a long time ago Rosie so you have my sympathy.

I had a drunk walk out infront of me and I killed him,his companion who was not injured at all but witnessed what happened claimed of me for mental anguish or some bollox and ended up getting £1500 compo after 5 years through the court system! Even though my solicitors discredited the witnesses who were in court my *ahem* comments to the magistrate about the case sort of sealed my fate!;)

I'll always remember the smile on the eejits face as he was awarded the money and the sense of pleasure I had knowing I'll never stoop that low!(y)

This is the worst thing imaginable I hope your getting on ok now.:grinning:

rosie

RMS Regular
OP
rosie
Drives
anything that bl
Well a bad situation has just got worse!
I was advised by my insurance company to claim back of the drunk. Fine I thought as he's claiming of me.

Went to see a solicitor arranged through my work yesterday who was really nasty left me in tears and the first thing he said was

"Do you really believe you have a case?"

Of course I relpied

"Yes the police have cleared me and I wasn't to blame"

and he goes

"well you don't the guy is a drunk and has no money to give you"

i replied

"I don't want his money I want to show everyone it wasn't my fault"

he said

"well no solicitor will represent you , just move you, after all you did hit him"

Needless to say I'm not a happy camper. In other words he can claim of me and I can't claim back ???
Fink I will go on a legally blonde 2 style campaign to change the law!

Cess

RMS Staff
Sounds like the solicitor didn't want to know. Get another one, preferably female as you might find it easier dealing with a woman.

rosie

RMS Regular
OP
rosie
Drives
anything that bl
To be honest I don't know if I have the will to fight it anymore.
Any totaly disgusted by the the whole system.
Is there really any point fighting it?

pixie-racing

Drives
nissan 200sx
seen a similar case in england, u say this guys goin to try and claim off u.well u cud always turn the tables on him.did u have loss of earnings due to ure injuries/boyfriends injuries.there are loop holes in the justice system where he can claim off u and to ure favour u can claim off him.thats the only advice i can give.good luck.(even if the person that walked out in front of u is un-employed, ie has no money the goverment usually have to pay out on his behalf)

rosie

RMS Regular
OP
rosie
Drives
anything that bl
Yeah we both had loss of earnings, costs to repair car, injuries etc let alone the trauma of the whole thing. I just need to get a solicitor who thinks its worth while claiming of him.

pixie-racing

Drives
nissan 200sx
john ross and son in newtownards, they got me out of tight hole with car accident i was in.real decent guys, very good at their jobs.ask for a hugh edgar-tel.02891813173(30 frances street newtownards).

PhilG

RMS Regular
after he claims off you he'll have some money for you to claim of him. Dont give up that easy.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.