Dodgy Paintwork

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini
For the Roof, sideskirts, bonnet and spoiler to be fitted I was charged £460, cheap price ( i think) so I got what I paid for.

clearly they saw you coming, thats a rip off for all you got done and then theres the quality of the job...

i got my bonnet dent repaired and completely resprayed, front bumper sprayed, skirts sprayed, 2 wing mirrors repsrayed and the rear bumper colour coded and repsrayed for a slightly more than half wat you paid mate

4Motions

RMS Regular
OP
4Motions
Drives
Golf
Ive been ripped of something shockin. Youve just made my day, lol :worried:
SQ will sort it all for me

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I wouldn't worry too much Mr 4motions, it could have been alot more and at the end of the day you'll know for next time and beyond. I'm sure veryone has been ripped off to a certain extent at one time or another with cars, c'est la vie

4Motions

RMS Regular
OP
4Motions
Drives
Golf
I wouldn't worry too much Mr 4motions, it could have been alot more and at the end of the day you'll know for next time and beyond. I'm sure veryone has been ripped off to a certain extent at one time or another with cars, c'est la vie

Spose your right, really hope I dont fall into that trap again. :p

rosssei

RMS Regular
Name and shame this cowboy and save some others the hassle of making tha same mistake lad

or perhaps dont...it will only get deleted!

hope the car gets fixed anyway....will be very interested to see the pictures of the repair now.

4Motions

RMS Regular
OP
4Motions
Drives
Golf
Cant wait for the repairs to get done:p

Took a Few pics there so I can compare the differences, there not very good quality but you get the rough idea:

Reacting Paint on Bonnet (difficult to see in pciture)

Missed a bit spraying the bonnet (both corners)

Sideskirts 1 (all the way around)

Sideskirts 2 (mainly corners)

Damage they did fitting front splitter (dont know how they managed that one)

One of the wheels kerbed when they where movin the car

Edges of roof not properly finished (never bothered finishing the edges)

Those are just a few pics

chrisni1986

RMS Regular
Drives
525 M Sport
is this place just before the cross roads at dunmurry on the left hand side if your heading towards makro?

saxo_man

RMS Regular
That work is atrocious - I'd be very disappointed at that standard of work. Shocking in fact.

4Motions

RMS Regular
OP
4Motions
Drives
Golf
Now you can see how p****d I was when I looked at the work. :relieved:

If your at the crossroads at dunmurry headin towards makro, u turn left, go under the rail way bridge and up the hill a bit and then turn into a small turning on your right.

I was sucked right in and the shoddy work proves it, the bonnet paint is starting to go a different colour in sunlight, its like a brown instead of black.

4Motions

RMS Regular
OP
4Motions
Drives
Golf
Finally got around to gettin a pic of the car even though its been over a week since getting it back from the SQ. Work they did was brilliant, here is just a few of the things they did:

*Repaired the bonnet and is now like new, they had a really bad time working on it as well because the paint was reacting with what ever the previous guy used.
*Fixed up the alloys which are now like new

* Repaired the side skirts so their are no longer massive holes or cracks in them

* Repaired score marks and stone chips around different parts of the car

*Painted the calipers, in pics they look nearly pink but there really red/orange colour.

Only managed 3 pics:

DSC00427.jpg

DSC00428.jpg

DSC00425copy.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.