E60 pre lci to lci lights

Jacko1887

RMS Member
Hoping someone can help me out

Bought some lci headlights and tailights for my bmw e60 5 series

My car is a pre lci 2007 model
My car has a LM2 module in it already I have checked.
I bought the Headlights with the wiring cut out of a lci car

Is it just a case of cutting the headlight connector and attaching the lci connector?

Also for the tail lights, is it a case of just getting the bmw adaptor and running the spare cables up to the lm2 module?

Then coding? Where can I get the coding done on this if there is any needed for the car

Any help would be appreciated before I attempt this

Jack

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Hoping someone can help me out

Bought some lci headlights and tailights for my bmw e60 5 series

My car is a pre lci 2007 model
My car has a LM2 module in it already I have checked.
I bought the Headlights with the wiring cut out of a lci car

Is it just a case of cutting the headlight connector and attaching the lci connector?

Also for the tail lights, is it a case of just getting the bmw adaptor and running the spare cables up to the lm2 module?

Then coding? Where can I get the coding done on this if there is any needed for the car

Any help would be appreciated before I attempt this

Jack

You have more or less nailed it with what you have said needs doing in terms of the wiring.

I wouldn’t cut anything though remove the pins from the old connector and pin it to the new connector based on the wiring diagrams.

All depends what spec your car is whether it has xenons or halogens and if you are fitting xenon and halogens.

Coding will need done you will need to update the cars vehicle order and code in the new lights as they contain LED’s compared to the pre-LCI halogen setup.

I can sort the coding for you if you are close-ish to Downpatrick it’s an easy enough job and is well documented it gets more tricky when LM1 cars are going to LCI as you need to code in an LM2 but you don’t have to worry about that so it’s straight forward enough.

Jacko1887

RMS Member
OP
J
You have more or less nailed it with what you have said needs doing in terms of the wiring.

I wouldn’t cut anything though remove the pins from the old connector and pin it to the new connector based on the wiring diagrams.

All depends what spec your car is whether it has xenons or halogens and if you are fitting xenon and halogens.

Coding will need done you will need to update the cars vehicle order and code in the new lights as they contain LED’s compared to the pre-LCI halogen setup.

I can sort the coding for you if you are close-ish to Downpatrick it’s an easy enough job and is well documented it gets more tricky when LM1 cars are going to LCI as you need to code in an LM2 but you don’t have to worry about that so it’s straight forward enough.
Thanks for the sharp reply.

I have halogen pre lci lights and just fitting halogen lci lights

Do I still need to run the long wires up to lm2 module from the rear lights, as it comes with the bmw adaptor kit? Even though I have the lm2 module

I am Rathfriland area, have you done the install before?

That sounds great, for the coding.

Jack

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Thanks for the sharp reply.

I have halogen pre lci lights and just fitting halogen lci lights

Do I still need to run the long wires up to lm2 module from the rear lights, as it comes with the bmw adaptor kit? Even though I have the lm2 module

I am Rathfriland area, have you done the install before?

That sounds great, for the coding.

Jack

Yeah you will need to run the additional wires to the LM2 as the extra wires are needed for the LED bars and fog lights to work properly.

I have done the install before on my old pre-LCI E60 and it worked well.

No bother at all on the coding :grinning: unfortunately I wouldn’t be able to wire it up for you as it’s one of those time consuming jobs that I’d find trouble fitting in as it is a rear bench out job to do it correctly but it’s certainly something that’s very easy as a DIY just time consuming.

Gemma

RMS Regular
I may have pointed raddy your way too for sat nav update in his big 5 series touring lol

Jacko1887

RMS Member
OP
J
Yeah you will need to run the additional wires to the LM2 as the extra wires are needed for the LED bars and fog lights to work properly.

I have done the install before on my old pre-LCI E60 and it worked well.

No bother at all on the coding :grinning: unfortunately I wouldn’t be able to wire it up for you as it’s one of those time consuming jobs that I’d find trouble fitting in as it is a rear bench out job to do it correctly but it’s certainly something that’s very easy as a DIY just time consuming.
Alright thanks for the info

Do i still need to move the wires on the lm2 plugs as in the tutorials for it?

If I get the wires to the point we're I can plug them in. Can I call on you to help with the rest of the install?

I can do wiring it is just I don't want to blow anything in the car when I go to start it

Jack

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Alright thanks for the info

Do i still need to move the wires on the lm2 plugs as in the tutorials for it?

If I get the wires to the point we're I can plug them in. Can I call on you to help with the rest of the install?

I can do wiring it is just I don't want to blow anything in the car when I go to start it

Jack
Yeah you would need to repin everything as how the tutorial says.

Just double check everything before you do it.

Yeah once all plugged in I can sort the rest you won't blow anything will just get some lights not working and errors on the dash until they are coded into the car.

If you were doing a xenon conversion thats were risk of blowing comes into it.

Jacko1887

RMS Member
OP
J

Yeah once all plugged in I can sort the rest you won't blow anything will just get some lights not working and errors on the dash until they are coded into the car.

That sounds great. Will let you know when I have the lights put in. And will get you to do the coding for it.

Thanks for the reply
Jack

Jacko1887

RMS Member
OP
J

Hi

I have now fitted these lights and wondering can you come to do the coding of them? When are you able to do this?

Jack

Jacko1887

RMS Member
OP
J
Retrofit complete

Big thank you to AlpineF30 for doing the coding of the lights for me. Everything works 100% even the welcome lights are working 😁. Real easy to work with and genuine guy would recommend to anyone for the job.

Bmw in portadown had the adaptor kit in stock and is cheaper than anywhere online. £34 Inc VAT

Get the headlight plugs from the car you are getting the lights from as it makes it abit easier to do I found.

Really easy install. Just to point out this was a pre lci halogen light to lci halogen light without ahl.

Jack

Zoltan

RMS Member
Drives
BMW 535d

Hi there,

I was glad I found such recent posts regarding this old topic! 🤗

Would you be able to post the actual tutorial please? I'm planning to do the same job on my pre LCI 06 E61 as Jack did. Also has halogen lights.

Thank you for any help in advance!

Zol

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Hi there,

I was glad I found such recent posts regarding this old topic! 🤗

Would you be able to post the actual tutorial please? I'm planning to do the same job on my pre LCI 06 E61 as Jack did. Also has halogen lights.

Thank you for any help in advance!

Zol

Hi there,

Please see the wiring diagram below for pre lci to
Lci halogen

1709502562135.jpeg

Zoltan

RMS Member
Drives
BMW 535d
Retrofit complete

Big thank you to AlpineF30 for doing the coding of the lights for me. Everything works 100% even the welcome lights are working 😁. Real easy to work with and genuine guy would recommend to anyone for the job.

Bmw in portadown had the adaptor kit in stock and is cheaper than anywhere online. £34 Inc VAT

Get the headlight plugs from the car you are getting the lights from as it makes it abit easier to do I found.

Really easy install. Just to point out this was a pre lci halogen light to lci halogen light without ahl.

Jack
Hi Jack

May I ask your verdict about the result?
Did you notice any improvement regarding the new headlights vs the old ones?
Did you take by any chance a before and after photo of the light pattern?