Electricity tariffs

Ghost

RMS Regular
Thanks for the reply. Do you go via your supplier or is it always via NIE? OR will it be replaced as soon as you move to E7?
When you ask your supplier, if needed (dependant on what you have installed) they will arrange for NIE to come out and do the change..takes about 30mins.

cupraricky

RMS Regular
When you ask your supplier, if needed (dependant on what you have installed) they will arrange for NIE to come out and do the change..takes about 30mins.

Cheers. Not outta contract til June, hopefully have my solar installed next couple of months, so might consider E7 depending on power usage, might be able to set up the batteries to charge 'off peak'

Ghost

RMS Regular
Cheers. Not outta contract til June, hopefully have my solar installed next couple of months, so might consider E7 depending on power usage, might be able to set up the batteries to charge 'off peak'
We talked about this. I'd def think it's a good idea for you. 10/11p at night to top your battery up, and significantly cheaper during the day.

Once we save abit, we will get the battery installed too.

cupraricky

RMS Regular
We talked about this. I'd def think it's a good idea for you. 10/11p at night to top your battery up, and significantly cheaper during the day.

Once we save abit, we will get the battery installed too.

Yea will know better once the install is done, I'll still have approx 2 or 3 months on normal tariff to see what my usage is like before I need to decide

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
I'm currently on 26p keypad with click, any hassle going back to a d/d setup. I assume the meter can stay as is?

Also anyone with a hottub, can you see any benefit going with E7?

Screenshot_20220117-070036_Chrome.jpg

Ghost

RMS Regular
I'm currently on 26p keypad with click, any hassle going back to a d/d setup. I assume the meter can stay as is?

View attachment 346923
Have a hot tub. E7 is a must. Hot tub is coldest st night and in turn, heats up the most, using more leccy.

Your meter will need replaced.

cupraricky

RMS Regular

View attachment 346923

Keypad is pretty much the most expensive tariff. So either way going E7 or monthly DD eBill will save you a load.

If you have way of setting a timer on your hottub you could use the cheaper night tariff on E7 to heat it.

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf

View attachment 346923
I have a hot tub going 24/7 at 38 degrees. I reckon normally it would have cost about £10 per week but with E7 & solar & batteries this is down to about 2 or 3 pounds per week.

Ghost

RMS Regular
I have a hot tub going 24/7 at 38 degrees. I reckon normally it would have cost about £10 per week but with E7 & solar & batteries this is down to about 2 or 3 pounds per week.
38? Flip. Ours is 40 and I want it warmer.

I wonder does the 2 degrees make all the difference in the price.

We literally used to spend £60 before hottub, and now around £150. Are you on E7?

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
38? Flip. Ours is 40 and I want it warmer.

I wonder does the 2 degrees make all the difference in the price.

We literally used to spend £60 before hottub, and now around £150. Are you on E7?
Yes, on E7, don't think the 2 degrees would make an awful lot of difference as once you have it up to temperature it does not take an awful lot to keep it there. Mine had the frost thick on it this morning so they are very well insulated. I know some people who keep it down at 25 -30 and then turn it up before going to bed if they are going to use it next day and have E7. I can't be bothered with that and just keep it on all of the time. Our electric bill should have been nearly £2k but with solar, batteries and E7 it was £750.00. This will probably go up now with recent price rises.

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
That's class

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
E7 is a no brainier and everyone should be on it.

Given the standing charge is typically 7/8p a day then if u use one unit u are breaking even.

If your a master hermit and turn the whole house off - but if you have heat pumps or under floor pumps , electric range , lighting , ventilation is easy to use a unit at night.

Iv had my ma on it years and she doesn’t do anything at night notable. And we calculated that she was still better off on it.

Ghost

RMS Regular
Yes, on E7, don't think the 2 degrees would make an awful lot of difference as once you have it up to temperature it does not take an awful lot to keep it there. Mine had the frost thick on it this morning so they are very well insulated. I know some people who keep it down at 25 -30 and then turn it up before going to bed if they are going to use it next day and have E7. I can't be bothered with that and just keep it on all of the time. Our electric bill should have been nearly £2k but with solar, batteries and E7 it was £750.00. This will probably go up now with recent price rises.
Class. That's good to know.

We are getting a 5kw system installed next month so hopefully my bill will be similar to yours.

6 bed house, modernised, all led, energy A+ appliance etc.

Do you charge the battery at night?

cupraricky

RMS Regular

We are getting a 5kw system installed next month so hopefully my bill will be similar to yours.

You get your install date?

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf

Yes, I charge the batteries at night and today they got charged a bit during the day too as it was so sunny. Got 22.5 kwh today which is the best since the start of the year which has been quite dull. Even managed to get 5kwh into the car.

cupraricky

RMS Regular
Yes, I charge the batteries at night and today they got charged a bit during the day too as it was so sunny. Got 22.5 kwh today which is the best since the start of the year which has been quite dull. Even managed to get 5kwh into the car.

How do you set the batteries up to charge at a specific time?

Ghost

RMS Regular
You get your install date?
4th March I think. 4th or 5th. Can find where I wrote it down. You?
What were you getting before today? We seem to use about 24kwh on average from the meter atm.

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Just moved to SSE Economy 7

19.2p day rate
10.54p night rate

Standing charge 10.22p per day

Night rate is 1-8am winter and 2-9am summer.

Do you know anything about the £125, is that a deposit that has to be paid, that is forfeited if you move supplier within the year.

Screenshot_20220117-203431_Chrome.jpg