Ep3 civic type r insurance?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Anyone any recomendations on who to try for insurance i know its not gonna be cheap but the best quote so far is 4k.. Tried w todd and son (5k) and gocomapare (4k) just wondering has anyone any recomentdations for who to try and get a better quote with.. 19, 2 years no claims and a clean liscence..:grinning:

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
An Ep3 isn't going to be worth the insurance premium imo. Doubt Quinn will even touch you on it at that age.

J55NI

RMS Regular
OP
J
An Ep3 isn't going to be worth the insurance premium imo. Doubt Quinn will even touch you on it at that age.

havent tried quinn myself for it yet.. They quoted to change on a 182 so not sure maybe they would cover the type r?.. Would be something i wouldnt be planning on keeping maybe the full year so if i got a quote around 2-2500k i would take it :grinning:

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Thats a mad amount of money for insurance lad! Are you with Quinn at the moment?

J55NI

RMS Regular
OP
J
Thats a mad amount of money for insurance lad! Are you with Quinn at the moment?

yea with quinn at moment been with them for 2 years now.. might push my luck and see if they will cover it:grinning:.. If not thats getting a type r plan out the window.. Its a mad amount but for some reason its a car i have always wanted to own:oops:

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
They might refuse to quote you on it so tell them you've already bought the car but haven't the reg number to hand. That's what I had to do to get mine insured with them at 24 for £800+ :-#

J55NI

RMS Regular
OP
J
They might refuse to quote you on it so tell them you've already bought the car but haven't the reg number to hand. That's what I had to do to get mine insured with them at 24 for £800+ :-#

have used that a few times for various cars they "didnt cover" :grinning:.. If not anyone got any other ideas of what to go for next that can be insured reasonable.. Budget of 6k say? Petrol 3dr ideally?:grinning:

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Is an Integra R any easier to insure? Far, far superior car in every way; build quality, reliability, handling, interior... I wouldn't have an EP3 near me again.

J55NI

RMS Regular
OP
J
Is an Integra R any easier to insure? Far, far superior car in every way; build quality, reliability, handling, interior... I wouldn't have an EP3 near me again.

It was comming back on gocompare about £500 cheaper to insure if i could get a decent quote on one i would buy one after a run in my mates the other week :grinning:

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
I was contemplating one last year when i got to 2 year NCB, direct line quoted me £900. Im 26 though, good luck at 19!!

J55NI

RMS Regular
OP
J
I was contemplating one last year when i got to 2 year NCB, direct line quoted me £900. Im 26 though, goot luck at 19!!

seems a loosing batle gettin a good quote.. few people simialr stats as me have said they have been insured for the 2500k mark but anywere i try it seems to be more like 4-5 k for me:confounded:

steveo21

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
close to impossible to insure a ep3 under your name at 19. Im 23 and couldnt get quote under £1600. Once your 21+ greenlight insure uk dc'2 and ek9's at really good prices

bluntcap

RMS Regular
Drives
2018 Golf R
unfortunatly the EP3 Type R has a very high accident/claim rate. So this causes it to be quite a hard car to insure and most companies wont touch you. But a 1996 UKDM DC2 you might get a good quote no?

chunkerz

RMS Regular
Drives
A3
directline were only company i found last year that had reasonable quote i paid around 1k for the year being 22,1 ncb

couldnt get a dc2 thou they wouldnt touch me with that :confounded:

Smog

RMS Regular
Keeping an eye on this thread, I have 3 points A crash and 1years ncb under my belt and best quote I have had yet is 4k :worried:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
£1000+ in my opinion is excessive for insurance :worried: It would have to be something extremely desirable for me to even consider forking out over £1k to insure a car!

If I wanted a certain car now and it was going to cost more than that, I wouldnt buy it and put it off for another year!

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
I had my Type R when I was 23 and the best I could get was £1k from Directline. All others wanted £2k+! Hardest car I've ever tried to insure, majority of companies just wouldn't touch it for some reason.

Integra was even worse iirc..

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Would it not be easier to insure an ek9 as they're only a 1.6 and I am sure they are a lot nicer a car to drive?

Gary

Miss 206

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR GT - Mil
direct line was the best quote i got on type r £650 fully comp, i was 24, thou i am a girl!! Its helps, but no chance when your 19, my bro tried to get insured on one, £2000+.

bluntcap

RMS Regular
Drives
2018 Golf R
Would it not be easier to insure an ek9 as they're only a 1.6 and I am sure they are a lot nicer a car to drive?

Gary

I would'nt of thought so as they are an import so restricted to certain insurance companies. They seem to be quite strict on imports

Jo-Jo

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Fiesta zete
£420 to insure mine fully comp and im 25 but have 6 yrs no claims. u'd be better off holding off for at least 2 yrs til ur 21 and a few more years under ur belt. i know u prob want it so bad now. but your mad IMHO if you are considering spending that much on insurance.
but each to their own and all that. ur decision/money

Neiller

RMS Regular
Drives
honda accord

Gary
ek9 harder to insure as they are a grey import (no uk version ) ek9s are quoted as group 20 .

J55NI

RMS Regular
OP
J
got quoted online on confused.com for £2495 with 3 years no claims which ill have in feb hopefully so may start saving :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.