Everything Motocross....

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Sharkey

RMS Regular
So @Creaney thought it would be a good idea to buy bikes. And well now we all seem to have them....

I'm a complete beginner, never rode a bike in my life, tho the other guys have a bit of experience on quads/road bikes/ downhill etc. Picking it up quick enough, and its an awesome way to spend a saturday.

Started off with 2 days in a field to sorta get the hang of it. Moved onto a track in armagh; Adrenaline which is a perfect intermediate track. Hoping to get to Mid Ulster or Desert-martin practice track soon. We also went to the loughbrickland track which was badly waterlogged, so cant really make a comparison.

Tracks we know of....

-Adrenaline Armagh
-Loughbrickland
-Desertmartain
-Mid-Ulster
-Tandragee

Anyone know of others?

Share your experience and post your off road toys :grinning:

Heres my 2007 Yz125 & @Deemc 's Banshee in the background. I'll be sure to post up some videos too.

10275974_769743536393639_8687390771490685089_n.jpg

Last edited:

Deemc

RMS Regular
Drives
Hydro Is200
My Weapon of choice.... :laughing: :laughing:

2004 Yamaha Banshee, Full FMF System, Widened all round and God knows what else..

Very Fast , Definitely not for the faint hearted lol

1982102_10154124242075052_2717955130388569014_n.jpg

10177472_10154187216645052_2177271063370830355_n.jpg

slickcell

RMS Regular
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Im guessing you're interested in only practice tracks??

There is hillside MX track loacted outside newry - its only opened a short while. Then there is what was formerly known as sperrin up in Feeny (Dungiven direction), which is now known as 'midulster motoparc' as it has recently been taken over by the same boys who run/own midulster mx trax in pomeroy.

Then obviously derryarkin and ferns but theyre quite far away.

I race in the MRA C's (only got back into it since Christmas after an 8 year break lol). Getting faster each time i go out and loving the sport more and more. its an addiction!!!

Here's my whip.......

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Had a Suzuki RM125 in my teenage years the sold it to but my first car. I miss the fun ona sunday

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
I wpuld love a mx bike but always think there would be nowhere for me to ride it. Are all those tracks your on about legit tracks and you pay in or what

Sharkey

RMS Regular
OP
S
Went to Mid-Ulster MX Track last Sat. Safe to say I was the slowest man there; good fun all the same. Fell off a few times, it was serious wet. Would defo go back if it was dry tho!

I wpuld love a mx bike but always think there would be nowhere for me to ride it. Are all those tracks your on about legit tracks and you pay in or what

Yea, theres about 8 or 9 tracks throughout the country. Im sure theres one close enough to you. You just arrive on the day and pay between £10-25 depending on the track and work away all day. I'll post up a pic of the ones Ive been to, see what you think.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
No experience with tracks at all, like like crac...
Can anyone just show up with a bike and the entrance fee?

Sharkey

RMS Regular
OP
S
No experience with tracks at all, like like crac...
Can anyone just show up with a bike and the entrance fee?

Yea, you just arrive and sign a waver. Well thats we did, and jus stayed outta everyones way lol

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Are you allowed to show up on the likes of a farm quad or trike at mid-ulster mx track?

Sharkey

RMS Regular
OP
S
Are you allowed to show up on the likes of a farm quad or trike at mid-ulster mx track?

I think most of the bigger tracks are Bikes only. I know at Adrenaline armagh you can turn up in pretty much anything.

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Must check Adrenaline armagh out,maybe get back into dirtbikes again now there's places to go,thanks for the info

Sharkey

RMS Regular
OP
S
Must check Adrenaline armagh out,maybe get back into dirtbikes again now there's places to go,thanks for the info

Were going tomorrow if you wanna come with? I have a few pics/Videos which ill edit and upload to show people the track :grinning:

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Cheers for the invite but have other things on,yeah be good see what sort of lay out the track is (y)

M4TT

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI Mk7.5
Where would be the closest track to Belfast for complete noobs? Isn't there one at nutts corner?

Creaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Myself and Sharkey basically went round the country looking at every single track. If I was to give advice on what ones to head to as a complete beginner I would say

1. adrenaline Armagh (will get very boring after maybe your second time out) slowish track with 3 good jumps to learn on and 4 drop off jumps also (chicken runs if you don't want to do these at first)
2. Hillside Newry. much faster track and the gradient changes alot which is always fun
3. desertmartin. although I never actually was there on the bike, it really was the pinnacle (looking) for me. Flawlessly groomed every single day.

Once you can comfortably do hillside you could tackle any track out there imo.. Obviously you will be slow but you soon get the hang of it. Something to always remember is if they are going to pass you, they are good enough to go round you. saves you dunking your drawers every time you hear someone coming up behind at about 70mph and thinking I better move out of this guys way lol well thats how i always felt anyway haha youll end up wrecked!

dross432

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx sti,
So any tracks or areas open tomorrow was trying to get out with a friend but appare tly cookstown is closed due to weather.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.