evo Car of the Year 2022

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Typical - an affordable car nearly wins it..... But you can't buy one as they're sold out! 8-(

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
OP
DC.
Drives
VW Golf GTI
No idea what that Mercedes was doing there.

GR86 proves you don’t need to spend colossal sums of money for a truly great car.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
No idea what that Mercedes was doing there.

GR86 proves you don’t need to spend colossal sums of money for a truly great car.

Toyota certainly have produced some great enthusiast cars recently. Would've been nice to see what they would've come up with for the Supra if the engine was the only thing they borrowed from BMW.

Reactions: DC.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Wasn't sure if there was a specific GR86 thread or not, but this seems like a good place.

Called in today to have a look round the one in Hursts at Boucher. I was away driving a GR Yaris last week in Hursts Dundonald and the salesman there told me they had one in Boucher and to go for a look, so I did as I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Had no intention of driving it as I knew I couldn't get one, but he told me to take it a blast.

What a class wee thing! Really good fun, handles so well and so so tail happy even without trying! Was conscious there was a dashcam fitted as well so didn't mess around too much, but did try it in track mode with ESP fully off, it's just so controllable!

There's definitely not much lower down, but once you get above 4k or so revs it wakens up, nice thrum to the boxer engine but obviously not as much torque as the Yaris GR. Seats are great as well.

They're going to be releasing 1200 more GR86s he told me, hence them putting one on demo.
Really don't know what way to go now, in an ideal world I'd have both a GR86 and the Yaris 😂

20230207_121632.jpg

20230207_121611.jpg

20230207_113750.jpg

20230207_115942.jpg

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
The lad in Toyota told me that Toyota was going after people trying to make a profit on them, said there's something in the terms about keeping it 6 months before selling.

Not sure how much truth there is in that or if they can do much about it, sure it happens with Porsches all the time.