F1 2016

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Enjoyed the race yesterday, love that long run to the first corner. Its hard to penalize the likes of Hamilton & Rosberg for going off there when 1/2 of the grid went off the track to avoid collisions, some even pass other cars off track on the first corner. It's self preservation mode for the first few corners.
Max's lunge on Rosberg was a bit of a stretch even though it would have been nice to see him take Nico out, Max was too ambitious there, he needs to cool the head. Its exciting to watch but he's not doing himself any favours, thats 2 weeks in a row he's lost out by jumping the gun when he could pass Rosberg fair and square if he just waited another half a lap.
I've never seen a time penalty so immediately after a race but it was fair enough since Max gained such a big advantage. I'm not a fan of Vettel but I thought his penalty was pretty harsh considering Dan was the one who locked up forcing him wide. I really think Vettels foul mouth was the reason behind that penalty. Talking to the race director like that is complete madness and very unprofessional, if Charlie had any balls he would ban him for the next race and imo has every right to do so.
I hope the championship goes down the the wire, Hamilton needs a win with a DNF from Nico to keep us in suspense. Will Nico crack, or is it already too late?

Hamiltons 51st win and joint 2nd with Prost on the all time wins list is just incredible, big congrats to him. Whats crazy is looking at Schumachers 91 wins and thinking Hamilton 'only' needs another 40 to draw equal! Just shows the Ferrari dominance not so long ago...

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
The way F1 is headed the rules and regs are going to look like this

-no moving under braking
-no moving under acceleration
-no moving without indicating
-no rapid acceleration
-no excessive brake force

We are basically going to be subjected to 70 odd formation laps (with no weaving to heat tyres of course, because that's dangerous).

EP3 James

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
The way F1 is headed the rules and regs are going to look like this

-no moving under braking
-no moving under acceleration
-no moving without indicating
-no rapid acceleration
-no excessive brake force

We are basically going to be subjected to 70 odd formation laps (with no weaving to heat tyres of course, because that's dangerous).

- do not leave the pits.

Shaun

RMS Regular
Ferrari complained about Max moving under braking and called for the rules to be explained and enforced.
Fai or whoever came out and explained it and Vettel broke that exact rule 1 weeks later by braking then moving across Ricardo's path under braking. It's clear as day what he done.
Ricardo is one of the best late brakers in F1 and several times and the weekend done the exact same move without locking up.

Good to see they are looking into Vettels outburst now aswell, could be a grid penalty or race ban.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Mexico is a funny old track. Spectacular in every way, must be a joy to drive. But completely impossible to overtake. Which makes the "racing" a bit meh...

Full points to Max for having a go at Nico, twice, lol :grinning:

Lewis is a very lucky boy :laughing:

Vettel - has been moaning (and rightly so) about Max being too aggressive in defending. The rules change to Vettel's liking. And then in the first race he falls foul of said rule himself, lol :innocent:

Max is exciting to watch and all that, but he cannot go on like he does. No respect for either rules or other drivers. Goes at it like it were GoCarts. He has a had a ton more leeway than anyone else, precisely because he is exciting, but finally got a penalty this time.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
You forgot "Overtaking only by consent of overtaken driver" :p :innocent:

Oh yes, by an offical written document no less...

Dear Mr Max Verstappen,

Please be advised that it is my attention to overtake you on the inside of turn 14, your co-operation in this maneuver will be greatly appreciated, may I suggest that you place your Red Bull towards the outside line no closer than 20 feet from my Ferrari to ensure my safe passage, an attempt to retake the position will not be taken in good will.

Kind Regards
Sebastain Vettel
Ferrari Wingebag

Of course this is a family forum so i excluded the foul language of vettel

:p:laughing:

KevM

RMS Regular
Rosberg is really in the ultimate position now. No pressure to win and a car past enough to trip and fall onto the podium regardless. He has the hard work done now,

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Looks like Vettel got off after a few apologies.

And Ross Brawn allegedly lined up as successor to Bernie.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Can't stand the way Max is going about things lately.
Good driver yes, but doesn't seem to respect anyone else.

Shaun

RMS Regular
lol what should he do, move over and let the car behind past? That isn't called racing, you might aswell just make 2 lanes on the race track and have speed cameras on it ffs

Brundle even said on turn one, Max was ahead going into the corner and Rosberg was already running out of road and should have gave the place back to Max.

Last edited:

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
So you reckon his driving style is respecting the other drivers around him?
200+mph and he waits until the car behind has committed to a move and goes in the same direction?
How many times has he near caused a massive collision?

Shaun

RMS Regular
The rule is your not allowed to move under braking, at the weekend max did no do that. He defended his position like he should be doing. Previous time the rule had to be explained and drivers were warned it would be enforced from the weekends race.

pablo

RMS Moderator
he is about the most interesting driver out there, since we are continually robbed of a Lewis vs Nico showdown

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
since we are continually robbed of a Lewis vs Nico showdown

There will never be such a thing. Barring problems Nico is never even close to Lewis. Even with Lewis' "off races" (Singapore, Azerbaijan), even with the fluffed Merc starts, Lewis would easily be 30 points ahead had his car been as reliable as Nico's.

In fairness Nico has made the best of every chance he has had, and he will win the championship barring some fluke of fate. All in his hands.

pablo

RMS Moderator
so needs two 3rds to two Lewis wins from some quick maths. Thats unlikely so one race in the tail end of the points is the best chance, either through grid penalty/puncture/off etc.

Max could easily clip him in turn one for example which would ruin the race, not sure what position gives under 13points but thats whats required.

lewis is 19 behind. Say he wins both thats 50. Say nico comes second in one thats 18 for him. For the other he needs to score 12 or less. Thats a 4th place. Which say the two red bulls get in front and can stay there is entirely plausible.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
There will never be such a thing. Barring problems Nico is never even close to Lewis. Even with Lewis' "off races" (Singapore, Azerbaijan), even with the fluffed Merc starts, Lewis would easily be 30 points ahead had his car been as reliable as Nico's.

In fairness Nico has made the best of every chance he has had, and he will win the championship barring some fluke of fate. All in his hands.

Not much use in playing out the who's better/should be ahead etc. Points on the board are points on the board, Roberg has kept his teammate honest this year putting in some flawless performances.

Every bit the deserving championship winner this year imo if that's the way it ends up

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Nobody will begrudge Nico the title this year but there will be those, me included, who will think it was due to his teammates misfortune rather than his own driving expertise.

Fair play to him, he's been consistently fast, unbeatable on some weekends.

Not over yet…thankfully.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
In a car nobody can touch but his team mate ;)

Flip sake, even when ending up right at the back they still finish at least third.

Still, agree Nico has taken every chance that has come his way. Sure, he also needed his team mate to have problems, and for that he will hardly count among the great champions.

But he still got there, through doing his homework and keeping his head. And that counts.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Cheat, bully or bribe, a win is a win :grinning:

What I teach all nephews/nieces/etc. :p :innocent:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.