F1 2024

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Still watching as much as I can to be honest. Behind the driver in first it's still interesting enough tbh.

I'm the opposite of @carmad. though, I don't mind Max at all, but good lord red bull are hard to not just totally despise.

I think we need Nico Rosberg on doing commentary more often. Definitely was good at outright disagreeing with every bit of verbal diarrhoea that Crofty came out with (every time he opened his mouth) 🤣

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Yea I enjoyed Nico on commentary too.

Was an ok race, Lando drove very well.
Lewis sounded so defeated, in an irritating way.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Still watching as much as I can to be honest. Behind the driver in first it's still interesting enough tbh.

I'm the opposite of @carmad. though, I don't mind Max at all, but good lord red bull are hard to not just totally despise.

I think we need Nico Rosberg on doing commentary more often. Definitely was good at outright disagreeing with every bit of verbal diarrhoea that Crofty came out with (every time he opened his mouth) 🤣
laughed when he asked him why an incident wasn't comparable and he just said I don't know haha Nico is a bit of a nob but at least he winds people up a bit.

Yeah it hasn't been a vintage year and the front is pretty much wrapped up before a wheel is turned but still always like at least skimming through every race, like most sports f1 is mostly dull most of the time tbh.

Decent race today, Aston got it badly wrong for Alonso who was doing a good job up to the safety car. I've been a reasonable backer of stroll at times but he really is terrible this year tbh, someone else deserves the seat unless he can pick it up.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Sadly the only way Stroll would be ousted from F1 is if he gets his super license revoked or Lawrence sells the team.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Missed the race, but checked the results and saw the amount Max won by so didn't even bother watching the replay. Might check in again after the summer break but i'd rather just watch superbikes were there are more passes in a lap than an entire F1 race.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Sadly the only way Stroll would be ousted from F1 is if he gets his super license revoked or Lawrence sells the team.
Be interesting to see, tbh up to the middle of last year he was doing a reasonable job and then seems to have completely lost the plot since, some of his interviews towards the end of last year he looked on the edge of a breakdown.

But his dad is a business man and if the 2nd car is doing nothing I can't see him ignoring it forever. But suppose if u look at the constructors how much difference would a 2nd quality driver really make and they would likely have to be paid more than lance & less flexible than having your son in the car.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I'm not sure a spot one way or the other in constructors really makes that much difference any more. With the dev caps, getting more dev time (finishing further down) could actually be more valuable. And with the cost caps, at least the top teams can easily make up for any short fall in prize money from sponsors and team owners.

It is a really weird game these days with the caps. And it shows on track too.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Used to at least listen to the whole race weekend, now just keep an eye on the BBC notifications to see what's going on. Yes it's fairly tight in the mid field but it's just not the same is it. Living in hope that Maxs brakes catch fire again or something goes wrong.

The lando reinstated lap was farcical imo, rules are rules whether an advantage was gained or not.

The Max to Mercedes rumour is hilarious, why would he do that. He'd sooner retire than make that move.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
1000023046.jpg

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
He will have all the options.

Ferrari, Aston Martin & Audi will try to lure him, I’m sure.

This will, undoubtedly, influence #33’s career path too.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Wow! The team really looks like it's imploding. If Adrian leaves then a number of other key figures might follow. Never mind what Max might do...

Can't imagine money is anywhere near the top of the list for Adrian.

Maybe Lewis knew something when he jumped... Just like when he jumped to Mercedes in the first place...

Who knows, lol 😅

KevM

RMS Regular
I thought quite a while ago, that Lewis had to have been told that Ferrari had Adrian on the hook.

The man doesn't need the money, but I think if he goes to Maranello, you'll see him being behind one of the most legendary & iconic Ferrari road-going hyper-cars of the modern era, as part of the deal

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I thought quite a while ago, that Lewis had to have been told that Ferrari had Adrian on the hook.

The man doesn't need the money, but I think if he goes to Maranello, you'll see him being behind one of the most legendary & iconic Ferrari road-going hyper-cars of the modern era, as part of the deal
Boats, Adrian likes boats. Ferrari just happen to recently have started an America's Cup team. The road car stuff too I guess.

Please be true, an implosion couldn't happen to a more deserving team.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Imagine if he went to Aston Martin but they still had Lance driving for them 💀

If Adrian leaves thon bunch at the end of the season he’ll no doubt have to serve gardening leave which will limit his impact on the 2026 generation of car.

A massive coup for whoever gains his services. The most valuable asset in the F1 paddock.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Article on F1.com I think it was stated he is free to work on design from 2025 if he bails out for his contract early during 2024 season.