F1 2024

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
More than happy to be proven wrong. Next race is Monaco, another random odd-ball track. But after that it's Canada, Spain and Austria. Those should show if there is an actual trend.

Saw that interview from Charles as well. Interesting...

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
The Sky commentary was a gazillion times better without Crofty last weekend. No screeching utterly dull facts and statistics, no stupid phrases. So much better. Grid walk wasn't as good as it usually is with Brindle but still.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
The Sky commentary was a gazillion times better without Crofty last weekend. No screeching utterly dull facts and statistics, no stupid phrases. So much better. Grid walk wasn't as good as it usually is with Brindle but still.
Sorry but Crofty isn't great and that guy who ever he was was even worse I thought, sop much better when they are trackside for the rest of the coverage though, the studio bits don't work.

I'd say odds on for another non-red bull win in Monaco, even when they've been miles ahead Monaco always closes the gap and its as close as everyone has been in years, add in the fact the other top teams have 2 good drivers and I think they will be up against it.

Its about time Perez got the sack and someone new brought in to the red bull teams.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
McLaren have a new Senna tribute livery for the Monaco GP.

F1-Side-Graded-V3-1.jpg

Screenshot_20240522-113243.png

Looks good.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I think quali will be fairly tight!

Bit naughty of Max to go through at a snails pace after his lap was baulked and hold others up...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Tiny margins at Monaco, anything can happen weekend. Didn't go Max' way in quali. Some lap by Charles.

Like he said himself, tomorrow is another day. See what the team can do this time. He's been here before 😇

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I did fall asleep, only woke up again now and the race is still on 🤣. First lap was fun though, and it is delightful to not see a red bull at the front.

Still a fairly dull race as usual though.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just caught the end of it on the bbc sport live feed. Seemed as dull and pointless as ever. These cars barely fit on those street any more, lol, just a long queue behind Alonso and another behind George 😇

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Tbh the issues with the race aren't circuit related as such it's more an issue with the huge cars!

Quite enjoyed the analysis of the crash that the "street circuit expert" had. Went to his on boards and could see him looking right before he moved slightly right before the crash and Button just straight up going ahhh that changes things a bit 🤣

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Racing incident really, Perez should have been aware and Mag should have backed out. Easy saying now, different during race conditions. That's about all to comment really!

Great job LeClerc did waht he needed to do.

Monaco only useful for go karting or historic events at this stage.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Haas throwing the towel in?

Edit maybe nascar just. Though they should really call it quits on f1 too

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Haas throwing the towel in?

Edit maybe nascar just. Though they should really call it quits on f1 too

They definitely have made a huge improvement this year to be fair to them. Although with Hulk going to Sauber that might change things a bit. He has been a great pair of hands for them.