F40 M135i

worky

RMS Regular
Drives
M135i
Have been looking at a M135i for some time now, been toying with going back to a hot hatch for a bit more fun on the scenic drives.

I was spoiled with the spec of my 540i so was looking a car with pro, tech and comfort pack. After viewing a few I had settled on looking Sapphire Black with Magma red leather too. Few viewings but always had something missing in terms of what I was looking, Prentice however came through sourcing me a car and getting it to me in about a week.

Currently running it in but impressed with how it performs the daily duties, was worried it’d be too harsh but have been pleasantly surprised. Can tell it’s a bit more purposeful than than the 540i, B48 has plenty of torque on offer, same figure as the B58 in my last motor.

No plans for it other than drive, might get a ceramic coating to attempt to keep the paintwork in as good as shape as possible.

IMG_0408.jpeg

IMG_0406.jpeg

IMG_0410.jpeg

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Lovely, I was interested in these, guy in work has a Riviera blue one, but found them a touch small so went for a 330e. Didn’t initially know they were a 2.0 either. Health to drive

worky

RMS Regular
OP
worky
Drives
M135i
First ‘modification’, bit of a stretch to call it that to be fair. Fired a set of all weather mats and a bootliner in it to hopefully make retrieving Portstewart strand out of it easier, only time will tell.

Might fire a M Performance spoiler and skirts on it at some point in future too.

Done about 300 miles in it now, another 1000 or so before I can push it on a bit. Been great so far on family duties, you can feel the front wheel drive nature of the car compared to other xdrive BMWs which are rear biased. Feels like it pulls you round the corner as opposed to pushing.

IMG_0484.jpeg

IMG_1388.jpeg

IMG_0486.jpeg

C.J

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk3TTQuattro
I love the red seats in these.

Do you have adaptive suspension in this?

What is the ride comfort like?

worky

RMS Regular
OP
worky
Drives
M135i
I love the red seats in these.

Do you have adaptive suspension in this?

What is the ride comfort like?

Have passive suspension as went for 19s, I was worried it’d be harsh day to day but been pleasantly surprised. You can tell it sides more on performance over ride quality but saying that it is not harsh at all and easily used as a daily even on our rubbish roads.

C.J

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk3TTQuattro
I'm torn between one of these or a 440i GC and putting on Birds suspension kit and an MPerf LSD.

Good to know these are not crashy. I would probably put 18" wheels on an M135i even though your 19s do look better. So much kit in them too for a hatchback! Electric seats, heated steering wheel, electric boot, HUD, totally class!

Last edited:

AC

RMS Regular
Class! Love the red seats and whilst not normally a fan of rubber mats, they actually look really smart! The ceramic would be a worthwhile investment for sure. Lovely motor mate! Health to enjoy.