Fine for blown turbo?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
will be Lisburn cope then most likely, no reason for any other cops to be in Lisburn other than passing through on another matter, in which case the chances of them pulling you would have been extremely slim

skiman_1

Banned
Drives
Focus RS
Reagardless if there was quite a lot of smoke or not, surely if he is taking the car to get fixed it is allowed to be driven on the road? Like if u dont have mot and you get pulled over by the police but your actually going to get stuff fixed on the car your allowed to drive it, or am i waaaaay wrong?

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
Drives
Fergie TVO
skiman said:
Reagardless if there was quite a lot of smoke or not, surely if he is taking the car to get fixed it is allowed to be driven on the road? Like if u dont have mot and you get pulled over by the police but your actually going to get stuff fixed on the car your allowed to drive it, or am i waaaaay wrong?

I thought it was you were only allowed to drive the car on the road if you were going to or from the MOT?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Waaaaaaay wrong...

If it isnt MOT'd or taxed. You are only allowed to drive it to and from a pre-arranged test at the MOT centre.

skiman_1

Banned
Drives
Focus RS
stevieturbo said:
Waaaaaaay wrong...

If it isnt MOT'd or taxed. You are only allowed to drive it to and from a pre-arranged test at the MOT centre.

Thanks for clearing that up steeeeeeeeve.

pablo

RMS Moderator
stevieturbo said:
Waaaaaaay wrong...

I remember someone saying that you could drive to a proper garage for a prearranged appointment to get work done?

Regardless if a car is not road legal (ie billowing black smoke) its still not legal. Bit OTT to issue a fine tho imo.

Its like saying yes officer I know Im driving with no exhaust, the car sounds like a tractor and its blowing smoke and fumes everywhere, but Im on way to kwikfit honest!

or

Yes I know my tyres are all baldy but Im on my way to harrys tyres. HONEST

Bottom line you were driving a car unfit for the road. Now I would have done the same but in the eyes of the plod you shouldnt have been driving it.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
pablo said:
I remember someone saying that you could drive to a proper garage for a prearranged appointment to get work done?

Nope. To and from a pre-arranged MOT test only.

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
she was burnin oil since i bought it...last oct, but i was never sure y. then one fri nite i was drivin back from banbridge and she was randomly comin on/off boost the wen i was drivin.

the next nite was comin bac from banbridge and she stopped boostin and really struggled to get above 60. wen i came into one of the well lit bits i noticed huge amounts of smoke pouring outta the exhausts.

Im guessin the bearing oil seal was leakin a bit and just got worse and worse til its finally just shat itself.

Plus side is now that shes fixed it aint burnin oil and theres no more smoke after ive been sitin idleing for a while so shes runnin properly after a long time. Had to get new EGR valve and the inlet all cleaned cos it was full of soot so shes actually goin a bit better than it ever was....not much but its somethin

Pete

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.