Fine for blown turbo?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
it just said excessive smoke from exhausts, but there was piss all smoke comin out. i could see them behind me and there's no way it woulda put any1 else off, they were just bein twats.

if there was loadsa smoke i would put my hands up and took the fine, but its just the fact that he was callin me a liar to my face wen i was tellin the truth

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular
Tw4t probably didn't know what a blower was ffs. I'd appeal it & see what happens. Whats the worst that can happen? How much is a fixed penalty for this anyway?

jamesy

Minikid

RMS Regular
Drives
Choopay
Peje said:
he was prob just havin a bad day, part of his excuse was that it said 'all smoke no poke' on my number plate, he's a tosser and ill do my best to make him feel like one.

Lucky he didnt fine you for your plates:party:

Hope your appeal succeeds

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
yeh fair point, he prob coulda done me for my plates but that woulda prob resulted in me gettin arrested for runnin the coont over for takin the piss!

Minikid

RMS Regular
Drives
Choopay
Yeah i can understand why your angry. It seems like the cop has been totally unreasonable and blatently picked on you.

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
yip, he's a mod'd derv and it smokes so obviously he's tuned it...actual mechanical knowledge would b useful for cops id imagine

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I was at the Circuit of Ireland last year in an old 405 dt (which had been screwed ever so slightly for the occassion!!!), and on my way home through lurgan the cops stopped me because the back of the car was pure black and the smoke was pumping out of it!

I told him that I was coming back from the rally and that my turbo had blown over the weekend. He was happy enough with that and let me away with it, just said to make sure and get it fixed!

But I just hate the ones that won't listen to what you have to say, they are right no matter what! Although I'd say the chances of you getting the fine scrapped are slim since the car obviously was smokey in the first place, otherwise you wouldn't have been stopped, and it is a legimate reason for a fine, as I have 2 producers from different occassions to prove!

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
yeh i know wot u mean but the fact that he told me he was finin me cos he thought id tuned my car is wots pissin me off

at the very least ill make a complaint bout his attitude

Crasher

Drives
Peje is me drive
oi peje, u leave me transit outa this r i will tell da coppers u did make da smoke on purpose!!!!!!

big cyril

RMS Regular
Peje said:
yeh i know wot u mean but the fact that he told me he was finin me cos he thought id tuned my car is wots pissin me off

at the very least ill make a complaint bout his attitude

Cyrils First Law of Traffic Enforcement:

The chance of getting nicked for a road traffic offence is inversely proportional to the severity/dangerousness of the offence

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
quite rite cryil - they'll only get people for stupid ****!

@ Crasher - pffff

WipEout

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx s14a
Man thats rough, the peelers seam to be going loop loop lately, iv got followed and pulled over by them 2wice since the weekend, the other night they tale gated me from outside the cinema to just round the corner from my house, and then pulled me over and asked if i owned the car, where i was going where i was coming from and why was going there. :? well cheaky whilst asking too. funny thing is i havnt even done anything to my car yet lol

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
What exactly was he going to arrest you for ???

Seek legal advice. Sounds like he has given you a fine for nothing. Is he in any way qualified, that he can or cant tell what is wrong with your car ?

I highly doubt he knows **** about anything car related.

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
i have no idea wot he was gonna arrest me for, but hey..gonna ring up this inspector bloke now and see wot the score is.

Pete

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Peje said:
he was prob just havin a bad day, part of his excuse was that it said 'all smoke no poke' on my number plate, he's a tosser and ill do my best to make him feel like one.

Seen you in antrim petrol station the maxol about 3 week ago then. Laughed at the plate...then as you pulled out there was quite a lot of smoke.

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
RMS_CLK said:
**** i'd have made a cock out of him had it been me!!

Me too i'd let the fecker arrest me, and get a court date!!! Yes judge sure lock me up and throw away the key, for me breaking the law by having a smokey car! Forget about the skaig head's robbing and stealing, let them off and send them to a diamorphine clinic, but hit me with the biggest fine you can think of, a law abiding citizen, who pays taxes and follows the natural run of life!!!

Sure turn me into a skaig head, stick a needle in my arm, and i'll be better off in this system of so called justice!!! Feck it while your at it, change my nationallity to kurdish, and let me claim aslylum while ur at it!!!! them i can get my own pad complimentary of the government!!!

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
think its J.Watson Pac, youngish fella.

one of ur regulars???

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
Terrible attitude from the cop especially if you had a turbo sitting beside you. I'd complain about him, I'd imagine you have a good case.

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
Peje said:
think its J.Watson Pac, youngish fella.

one of ur regulars???
nah don't recognise the name mate. believe it or not, if it had of been one of the usuals i could have got it squared for ya, lol :p

Peje

RMS Regular
OP
Peje
Drives
GTI CS45
gonna put in a complaint and hope he aint from lisburn otherwise its gonna end up in a me gettin pulled comstantly!!

The first time i rang the girl said she didnt recognise the name and that he prob wasnt from lisburn

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.