First car insurance (18)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Gettin my first car hopefully sumtime soon...should be around a 1.2 engine for insurance reasons. If anyone knows a good insurer that are cheap please send their number this way...or pm with contact numbers!!!!(y)

cheers, chris

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Chris if you search the forum there was a thread with all our recommended insurance companies listed...wasn't that long ago.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
cheers man...u dnt knw if elephant online is good? they always giv cheap qoutes but duno seems 2 good...if ya get me:confounded:

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
dont even need to search, its stickied to the top the forum u posted this in. there are no magic insurers that are always cheap, you need to phone around and see whos best for you

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
Chrissy-2k3 said:
cheers man...u dnt knw if elephant online is good? they always giv cheap qoutes but duno seems 2 good...if ya get me:confounded:
if you get a good quote, no matter who its from, snap it up, it may not last. As for elephant, they're very good, well have been to me.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
did you buy online??? cuz ther qoutes online dnt match up wen you fone???

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
i phoned at the time, but had checked online beforehand, was the same from memory. If your having problems that way, check online and save your quote, then phone and see whats cheapest. Perfectly ok to do that. Though on phone you have a chance of getting discount, girl knocked off an extra £50 with a little persuasion, all adds up.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
orite m8...wel iv had da best qoute from them so far, cheers for all your help...il fone up n check wit dem n c wat they say...r they tough on modded cars?

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
i wouldn't say they're tough at all, light mods don't even register on the £. Different people, different ages etc might play a part though, so can't speak for anyone else.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
dats ok il check that out 2m...cheers m8 4 all your help fink elephant are the cheapest il get...(y)

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
lookin a car? Ill sell you a nice Clio, only group 3 insurance, im 19 and its 700 quid.

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
mine is £4200 if i get my new car sorted this month. just passed the test and im 19. but i think i will be lookin around to see if anyone can better £4200

HMS Skyliner

Drives
R32 Skyliner GTR
Yellow pages ring em all they all change rates every 30days so somebody could say 'go to ....' but that was over 30days and the rates have changed to now......

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
my mum hasa car of her own n shes puttin her NCB's on my car hopefully...the qoute always ends up over a grand...fink itz cuz i live away from home n itl b with me mosta da time...wud that b right?

Shaggin_Wagon

Drives
Ford Fiesta mk6
My insurance last year was £2285 with Quinn Direct from Dublin. I phoned about 20 companies and that was the cheapest quote I got for my 1.25 16v fiesta. Telephone number is 0800 587 8000. They allow you three modifications aswell but just don't tell them about the rest lol.

Shaggin_Wagon

Drives
Ford Fiesta mk6
Chrissy-2k3 said:
my mum hasa car of her own n shes puttin her NCB's on my car hopefully...the qoute always ends up over a grand...fink itz cuz i live away from home n itl b with me mosta da time...wud that b right?

That would be a factor but what is the postcode of the place you are staying? If it is deemed as a high risk area then they automatically put the insurance higher. Unfortunately that's the way these *******s work!

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
Err.. I dont think you can just give people ncb ya know.
Unless you mean your going to be insured under her name.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
BT55...itz portstewart!!! Na im gettin insured under her name cnt afford to go out on my own with being at uni n all...she has another car so shes transfering dem onto my new car with her as main driver...qoutes still cumin in pretty steep...fink itz cz il b drivin it da most...if any1 knws a solution cz im hearin bout dese ppl onli payin £800 n £600 4 insurance under der folks....

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
seen a 1999 1.4 citroen saxo westcoast,.,, anyone have a clue what im lookin to pay for insurance on my own? and an idea of prices for under my mums name with over 6 years NCB's???

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.