RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Hi

Was down in Dublin last week and went through the M50 toll

I forgot all about it.

What will happen?

Cheers

Did the same a while back you'll get a letter looking 4 Euro or something that you can pay online or there's a larger fine. I "think" they can enforce the fine now compared to years ago when they couldn't. For the sake of 4 Euro might as well pay.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Drove through it on Saturday in the Wife's new car, it was 4 days old and not showing on their database so don't know what the next step is?

sc_evo

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
if you dont pay it you will be hung, drawn and quartered and sent to the 4 corners of the country.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
They will send you continual reminders (thanks to DVA sharing out your name and address) and eventually if the fine grows large enough, and you're a repeat offender, it may be passed to a UK debt collection agency. These are similar in style to those parking cowboy firms, they will threaten you with all manner of legal mumbo jumbo but ultimately have virtually no power to enforce it.

However, if you're a frequent traveller to Dublin (like I am, and I've forgotten the M50 toll on more than one occasion) ............ it's probably not worth the hassle. Add @eflow_freeflow on Twitter if you use it, and send them a message - they're quite easygoing about the whole thing. Last time I remembered that I hadn't paid - 3 weeks earlier - I made up a sob story about not being well and only remembering much too late, and they were happy enough that I just pay the original toll charge.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Cheers gents, plead dumb and said im really sorry and they waived the fine so paid up and was on my merry way :grinning:

Deleted member 13907

D
I forgot about this also. Went online to pay it and it doesn't pick up my reg.
Do I wait until I get corresepondence through from them?
I take it the toll applies in both directions? I only used it to go South and came back the port tunnel (paid twice around the docks anyway).

Sportwag

RMS Regular
I sold a vehicle in Feb and it went to a buyer in the ROI. They drove it through the M50 toll later that day and I received the fine in the post. eFlow pass the details to Euro Parking Collection plc in England and they must contact Swansea and obtain your details. Once EPC pick it up, eFlow are no longer involved. The EPC letter mentions Section 64 of the Roads Act, fines not exceeding EUR5,000, convictions or imprisonment. Rather than fighting the bit out I paid the 5.55 euro fine. I should not be liable for any subsequent fines as I am no longer the keeper beyond this date.

Rallyfreaks

RMS Regular
Drives
Golfs
I sold a vehicle in Feb and it went to a buyer in the ROI. They drove it through the M50 toll later that day and I received the fine in the post. eFlow pass the details to Euro Parking Collection plc in England and they must contact Swansea and obtain your details. Once EPC pick it up, eFlow are no longer involved. The EPC letter mentions Section 64 of the Roads Act, fines not exceeding EUR5,000, convictions or imprisonment. Rather than fighting the bit out I paid the 5.55 euro fine. I should not be liable for any subsequent fines as I am no longer the keeper beyond this date.

The whole bit about section 64 of the Roads Act, €5000 fine etc is all just to give the letter some air of authority. That act cant be enforced outside RoI. Obviously to avoid any hassle its easier to pay the charge or the the small fine, but EPC don't enforce any of it, therefore once they start sending out the fines of €65+, then €500+, ignore it.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
What’s the current craic with the M50 toll?

Passed through on Tuesday and totally forgot to pay for it before the deadline.

Are they sending letters up north now for a fine?

Is the fine just 3 euro on top of the toll charge?

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Just got a letter this week from being down around a month ago. 11euro owed to them - i forgot to pay it within the 24/48hrs or whatever it is

scub

Banned
all these speeding /toll/parking charges are similar in theory -
don't pay them & you're sticking it to the man, 👏👏👏
but unless you leave the country & never come back
some man will be sticking it to you... 🍻

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
all these speeding /toll/parking charges are similar in theory -
don't pay them & you're sticking it to the man, 👏👏👏
but unless you leave the country & never come back
some man will be sticking it to you... 🍻
Ignored mine and it went to €90 fine.

I have a eflow tag and direct debt now lol

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I was down last week and forgot to pay, got a letter this week. Was only €5.40 odd so I just paid it to save any hassle. I’ve a tag ordered in work so hopefully it won’t happen again.

pablo

RMS Moderator
I forgot to pay at start of august. Remembered about a fortnight later and just went online to pay it. No letter came since so must have been ok.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Wonder what happens after the €90 letter.
I had been all over the area for 7 days including using the tunnel at €10 a touch.

Called them and explained that I'm **** for ignoring their first letters and apologised. They charged me for the tolls I had incurred, dropped the fine charge and I took out a e-tag whilst on the phone. The girl in their office was 100% to be fair.

This was back in 2015 so not sure what the craic is now.