Frozen squirrels can seriously damage your no claims bonus!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cess

RMS Staff
courtesy of BBC Business
The next time you go for a drive, as well as the usual dangers on the road, make sure you watch out for frozen squirrels, kebabs and stray potatoes.
As silly as it sounds, you can never be too careful with food or animals, according to UK insurer Norwich Union.

The company has put together a list of its strangest car insurance claims it received over the past twelve months.
They may sound outlandish but Norwich Union said that all the claims have all been verified and paid out.

Some of its strangest claims have included:
  • "A frozen squirrel fell out of a tree and crashed through the windscreen on to the passenger seat."
  • "The car was parked when a reindeer fell on the bonnet of my car." :laughing:
  • "As I was driving round a bend, when one of the doors opened and a frozen kebab flew out, hitting and damaging a passing car." :scream:
  • "A herd of cows licked my car and caused damage to the paintwork."
  • "A zebra collided with my car when I was at a safari park."
  • "While I was waiting at traffic lights, a wasp went down my trouser leg which made me hit the accelerator and prang the car in front." :confounded:
  • "I couldn't brake because a potato was lodged behind the brake."
  • "My parked car was hit by a bull which had escaped from an agricultural show."
  • "A cow jumped on my quad bike." :eek:
  • "As I came over a hill, I hit a cow in the middle of the road, which then hit the bonnet and shattered the windscreen with its rear end."
"We see a lot of strange claims but we were surprised at how many involved animals and food of all things," said Sally Leeman, a spokeswoman for Norwich Union.

"This shows how important it is to be aware of what's going on around you at all times," she said.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
I thought these were funny as! Obviously nobody else did :sob:

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
Must remember some of these, the wasp, kebap and potato ones are particularly good.

joanne

Drives
corsa
did the frozen kebab open the door of the car aswell^o) others were funny though.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.