Garden machinery- 2 stroke machinery 2021 price update.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
I ended up buying the screwfix titan 4 in 1 instead of the mitox. I have no experience of either but i expect they came from the same factory or are pretty much identical machines (as they all seem to be at this price point) and the titan version just dropped another £20 down to 150, and since there's one at the end of my road, it was just easier. Also save's me a right trek if anything goes wrong with it I can just pop down and get it replaced etc.

could be a total POS and i imagine ill be pretty unimpressed with it as the rest of my stuff is stihl, hayter and genuine mountfield from years ago using the briggs and stratton engines when they were properly good quality.

I should probably add, this is only as a backup machine and I only really wanted it for the long reach head cutter as the stihl one is £800!

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
I ended up buying the screwfix titan 4 in 1 instead of the mitox. I have no experience of either but i expect they came from the same factory or are pretty much identical machines (as they all seem to be at this price point) and the titan version just dropped another £20 down to 150, and since there's one at the end of my road, it was just easier. Also save's me a right trek if anything goes wrong with it I can just pop down and get it replaced etc.

could be a total POS and i imagine ill be pretty unimpressed with it as the rest of my stuff is stihl, hayter and genuine mountfield from years ago using the briggs and stratton engines when they were properly good quality.

I should probably add, this is only as a backup machine and I only really wanted it for the long reach head cutter as the stihl one is £800!

No probs, the titan one is definitely not out of the mitox factory. To compare the mitox to something from screw fix you would be looking at the mountfield one...

The advantage the mitox one has over the mountfield one is 24" clipper with one touch adjust rather than 18" on the older screw system that can ring. Chainsaw can be angle is on a gear rather than pin, its 20% more powerful but over half a kilo lighter and a 3 year warranty over 1.

Another big advantage is parts availability, most parts are readily available and on our shelf. With the best will in the world quite often something gets broken for a wide variety of reasons.

But despite all that your right in saying they are not contract quality. We do the kawasaki for that. They are the best home owner ones out there tho.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Yes no probs we’ll have them ok.

Thanks Simon. Just to confirm it’s this part below. Would your van be in Cookstown any time this week or next?
27B642BC-918F-4ABF-BA7C-66BE12C7BA5C.jpeg

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
I have picked up parts for my Mitox 26 off the shelf on a few occasions as recent as Saturday past, (pull cord, fuel cap etc) from Dennis Wilson’s service dept, I’d prefer to deal with the lad in on a Saturday morning he knows his stuff.

Also got stroked by my we lad for the kids Husqvarna strimmer on display a while back!

-Pete-

RMS Regular
No probs, the titan one is definitely not out of the mitox factory. To compare the mitox to something from screw fix you would be looking at the mountfield one...

The advantage the mitox one has over the mountfield one is 24" clipper with one touch adjust rather than 18" on the older screw system that can ring. Chainsaw can be angle is on a gear rather than pin, its 20% more powerful but over half a kilo lighter and a 3 year warranty over 1.

Another big advantage is parts availability, most parts are readily available and on our shelf. With the best will in the world quite often something gets broken for a wide variety of reasons.

But despite all that your right in saying they are not contract quality. We do the kawasaki for that. They are the best home owner ones out there tho.

thats certainly good to hear it isn't from the same place and that you have some actual figures for the differences.

As I said, this is more of a secondary machine anyway thats only needed for minor work compared the other machines so out and out quality isn't such an issue as long as it can do the few small jobs i need it for. I was quite torn over the difference in warranty but again, it should last since i do look after my machinery and nothing gets too abused, and I am happy stripping and repairing any of them anyway. Coates in bangor is where I get all my stihl stuff from and they service it all too so its handy enough.
I dont plan on taking the titan stuff there though :laughing: If I get a couple of seasons from it before it craps out, i'm happy enough at that.

I do try, but I cant buy everything from you Simon! ;)

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
thats certainly good to hear it isn't from the same place and that you have some actual figures for the differences.

As I said, this is more of a secondary machine anyway thats only needed for minor work compared the other machines so out and out quality isn't such an issue as long as it can do the few small jobs i need it for. I was quite torn over the difference in warranty but again, it should last since i do look after my machinery and nothing gets too abused, and I am happy stripping and repairing any of them anyway. Coates in bangor is where I get all my stihl stuff from and they service it all too so its handy enough.
I dont plan on taking the titan stuff there though :laughing: If I get a couple of seasons from it before it craps out, i'm happy enough at that.

I do try, but I cant buy everything from you Simon! ;)

Ha, didn't mean to come across as harsh, all business big or small very much appreciated. Coates in Bangor are good guys and good customers of ours. Darren knows his stuff.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
bought a mitox leaf blower from Denis Wilsons last Thursday, 99 quid all in for a hand held 2 stroke and I must admit obviously hasn't the same power as our shihl back pack one but cant deny its fantastic value for the money! I use it for blowing the leaves at the house to even blowing all the dust and crap out of the shed!

worth a buy if anyone is looking one

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
bought a mitox leaf blower from Denis Wilsons last Thursday, 99 quid all in for a hand held 2 stroke and I must admit obviously hasn't the same power as our shihl back pack one but cant deny its fantastic value for the money! I use it for blowing the leaves at the house to even blowing all the dust and crap out of the shed!

worth a buy if anyone is looking one

I bought 1 last year myself and it has been a great job. Have taken it to work to blow dust and dirt off the road after moving the diggers and stuff and it has saved a huge amount of brushing and does a better job. Well worth the £100, and it’s always easy started.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Big thumbs up for Simon @lightning

The replacement strimmer part I needed arrived the very next day at my door.

I think this is the 3rd season I’ve used the mitox kit and everything just works well including the chainsaw and hedge trimmer.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Just a wee update on the 28MT. I got it off Simon about a week ago and I have spent the last two days tidying up the hedges and garden.

Great piece of kit for the money and more than powerful enough for home use. So far I've used the hedge trimmer, brush cutter and strimmer attachments.

Also got the basic leaf blower a while back, as mentioned it's not as powerful as a backpack machine but again it does what I need to do around the house such as blowing up the leaves and grass after gardening.

Before
20190723_151211.jpg

After
20190724_151654.jpg
20190724_143144.jpg
20190723_150820.jpg

Go easy on me by the way....I'm new to all this gardening stuff 😂

Cheers @lightning

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
Just a wee update on the 28MT. I got it off Simon about a week ago and I have spent the last two days tidying up the hedges and garden.

Great piece of kit for the money and more than powerful enough for home use. So far I've used the hedge trimmer, brush cutter and strimmer attachments.

Also got the basic leaf blower a while back, as mentioned it's not as powerful as a backpack machine but again it does what I need to do around the house such as blowing up the leaves and grass after gardening.

Before
View attachment 244205

After
View attachment 244206View attachment 244207View attachment 244209

Go easy on me by the way....I'm new to all this gardening stuff 😂

Cheers @lightning

Looking good!!

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
@lightning looking a chainsaw mitox to run an 18 inch bar whats your best price?

The new 455csx is £219 all in. Mitox are out of them till next month but we have a few left.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
The new 455csx is £219 all in. Mitox are out of them till next month but we have a few left.

@lightning simon would you keep one for me until Saturday morning? name is Nicky gamble

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
@lightning do you still have the little mitox blower without vac bud? I only see it with the vac attachment in the online store

cheers
J

lightning

RMS Trader
OP
lightning
Drives
volvo 740
@lightning do you still have the little mitox blower without vac bud? I only see it with the vac attachment in the online store

cheers
J

We’re out of the basic 26b with no vac kit, and unlikely to be getting them in again this year as with the price increases and currency flux they would need to be sold at the same price as the vac one, which can be used as either or.

We do have the premium 260bx, and the 2 husqvarna models will be arriving next week.