Great Driving Roads (NI and Ireland) Thread

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Not a long stint and you usually get someone doddering along at some point but the B118 Tamnaherin Road from the A6 into Eglinton I’ve always enjoyed pushing on a bit on.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Being thick here, but what you mean - does she go round?
save dunkin donuts GIF

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
All that picture needs is some road markings :joy:

Does she go round???
Now that I've been edumacated, 575Hp and 700Nm of torque through the rear wheels will probably mean it will.

I'd have to give it to our resident drift expert to find out;)

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Went to Junction 1 on Saturday on the way to Coleraine - had a blonde moment coming back onto Dunsilly Roundabout and went left towards Randalstown instead of straight on to Ballymena

Meant I could take the back roads from Randalstown - Portglenone - Kilrea - Aghadowey - Mascosquin

1689586062589.png

Decent bit of staging on relatively quiet roads the whole way - decent weather too on Saturday afternoon

c_rad

RMS Regular
Went to Junction 1 on Saturday on the way to Coleraine - had a blonde moment coming back onto Dunsilly Roundabout and went left towards Randalstown instead of straight on to Ballymena

Meant I could take the back roads from Randalstown - Portglenone - Kilrea - Aghadowey - Mascosquin

View attachment 404385

Decent bit of staging on relatively quiet roads the whole way - decent weather too on Saturday afternoon

Travelled that road from Randalstown to Kilrea everyday for 3 years. The Kilrea road into Kilrea from PG1 you can really get a wriggle on, though some bumps towards the end and on a few of the sweeping corners can mean some hairy moments 8o|

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Travelled that road from Randalstown to Kilrea everyday for 3 years. The Kilrea road into Kilrea from PG1 you can really get a wriggle on, though some bumps towards the end and on a few of the sweeping corners can mean some hairy moments 8o|

Yeah I was in the Q5 and forgot myself a couple of times - brakes work well for a 2T+ bus :joy:

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
A8 from Larne heading to Millbrook roundabout (where the Shanes Hill Road meets it). Left there and onto the Ballyrickard Road where there’s a glorious downhill straight and a couple of tight rights (worse in winter) - Watchill Road - Carrickfergus Road (all one road, but the names change as it goes) and thence the bypass at the side of Ballynure.
Or, left 1/2 way along and down the New Line into Carrickfergus. Any RMSers from that area will know it. Claimed many a R plater…

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Not Ireland, but discovered the B6278 across the Pennines a few weeks ago in an attempt to escape traffic on the A1M. Unbelievable road, and usually empty too. Just need to watch out for sheep.

Google maps says my commute is 1hr 28 and I’ve done it in 1hr 3mins!

IMG_3449.png

IMG_3409.jpeg

IMG_3099.jpeg

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything

View attachment 404385

I'd always head that way when going to Coleraine/Port, in laws cant understand why I wouldn't take the purpose built motorway instead.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Unfortunately my organic speed limiter in the passenger seat was having none of

I have one of those as well, can’t seem to switch it off😀
I have never been here but i have heard the the Atlantic Drive on Achill Island in Mayo is awesome.

View attachment 403662

View attachment 403664

View attachment 403665

I have driven those, actually done quite a lot of the wild Atlantic way.

Definitely some great roads, also some I have turned round on due to the condition of them.

Honestly, pot holes large enough for my car to fall into.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
The Glenaan Road just outside Cushendall is great.

The R268 up near Portsalon.

Anywhere up near Glenveagh national park.

G24NTR

RMS Regular
Killing time in Snowdonia waiting on the Holyhead ferry after picking car up this morning from Liverpool. Everyone goes on about North Wales scenery so decided to plan a little trip and take in some scenery.

The Turf and Racecourse (Wrexham AFC)
IMG20230921131533.jpg

The Horseshoe Pass
IMG20230921141555.jpg

'Evo Triangle'
IMG20230921155204.jpg

IMG20230921155223.jpg

Snowdonia
IMG20230921160633.jpg

Yes the views are lovely, but no better than some of the roads and driving scenery at home.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Tis indeed
Took it by accident a few years ago and thought it was outstanding, but had all the kids in the family bus so couldn’t enjoy it 😂 Must have been great innthat BMW, did you notice a sign for this place 😂 gave me a chuckle

Attachments

• 3ED281CA-023A-4CFB-A5F3-FF2A37EA84F5.jpeg
    3ED281CA-023A-4CFB-A5F3-FF2A37EA84F5.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 0

Rigger

RMS Regular
OP
Rigger
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Haven't done it for a few years, but the A47 between Belleek and Kesh is fantastic, especially when you get on the islands. Going to have to get out there again at some point.

Screenshot_20240402_185939_Maps.jpg