Active Deal Halfords - Pioneer DAB Head Unit - £40

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Just reserved one for collection, will do well in the work jeep.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
@Lyons you champion, thanks.
@Cartunes Still up for installing this?

Anyone recommend an aerial to go with this?
I'm up for that job squire!
Basic Pioneer antenna is £12.99 - I have one on my astra that's being swapped out for a beesting, but it might get destroyed being removed.
Roof antenna might be best for this yoke though, starting around £25 for a DAB compatible one.....

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
Got the Pioneer DEH-4800DAB there in September and its been great. I listen to iPlayer radio on my phone all the time anyway and when I connect it to the HU via the USB it starts streaming automatically so haven't really needed to get the aerial yet.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
Del! Whilst you're lurking in the shadows... Do you get aroused over all sorts of car electrics or is it strictly audio?

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
I'm up for that job squire!
Basic Pioneer antenna is £12.99 - I have one on my astra that's being swapped out for a beesting, but it might get destroyed being removed.
Roof antenna might be best for this yoke though, starting around £25 for a DAB compatible one.....

Agricultural setting tho, would be afraid of a roof mounted one getting ripped off.
There's too much choice out there, tell me which one to buy! lol

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
Wayhey.

I have the Lola Ferrari of electrical gremlins. It's enough to make your toes curl.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
Ah monsieur, mais, les Français font le plus grand des amateurs!

My radiator fan won't cut in on it's own, I've replaced all the sensors so it must be a wiring problem. That and my aerial cable for the cd player has broken somewhere.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
brilliant @Lyons - was looking a radio for the new lorry.

@Cartunes I'm not worried about windscreen mounting options - I can even go to big CB style aerials!!

If you can recommend me a decent bee-sting etc (should I go amplified or un-amplified for the truck?) I'll get all this ordered up

I'll also maybe order a pioneer SR-CD100 control for it, or is it a line of side control do you know?

finally, a decent set of components instead of the old existing speakers. just need to measure the size of the originals

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
@Big Pimp -

Q: @Cartunes I'm not worried about windscreen mounting options - I can even go to big CB style aerials!!
A:Window should be fine, but body-mount is best

Q: If you can recommend me a decent bee-sting etc (should I go amplified or un-amplified for the truck?) I'll get all this ordered up:
A: Car Audio Equipment | Buy online at Car Audio Security - amplified best too......

Q: I'll also maybe order a pioneer SR-CD100 control for it, or is it a line of side control do you know?
A: Line of Sight ? Shouldn't be.... the specs of the radio should give you the compatible devices - I'm just packing my desk to catch a train, plane and automobile for the hollybobs so forgive me if I don't do this for you right now!

Q: finally, a decent set of components instead of the old existing speakers. just need to measure the size of the originals
A:Measure the hole size for me, or I can come see you tomorrow - it's time we met!! :grinning:

Peace
Del

p.s. - ring the guys at CARAUDIOSECURITY.COM - and ask about these - DAB signal from existing antenna: Car Audio Equipment | Buy online at Car Audio Security - never used them, but gonna get one in the new year for my daily

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp -

Q: @Cartunes I'm not worried about windscreen mounting options - I can even go to big CB style aerials!!
A:Window should be fine, but body-mount is best

Q: If you can recommend me a decent bee-sting etc (should I go amplified or un-amplified for the truck?) I'll get all this ordered up:
A: Car Audio Equipment | Buy online at Car Audio Security - amplified best too......

Q: I'll also maybe order a pioneer SR-CD100 control for it, or is it a line of side control do you know?
A: Line of Sight ? Shouldn't be.... the specs of the radio should give you the compatible devices - I'm just packing my desk to catch a train, plane and automobile for the hollybobs so forgive me if I don't do this for you right now!

Q: finally, a decent set of components instead of the old existing speakers. just need to measure the size of the originals
A:Measure the hole size for me, or I can come see you tomorrow - it's time we met!! :grinning:

Peace
Del

p.s. - ring the guys at CARAUDIOSECURITY.COM - and ask about these - DAB signal from existing antenna: Car Audio Equipment | Buy online at Car Audio Security - never used them, but gonna get one in the new year for my daily
Have a safe trip home my man.

We will meet up over the Christmas period at some stage hopefully!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
@Cartunes .... dont be getting jealous of these badboys!

measures 13cm across the speaker, with a depth of approx 6cm, but I've acres of room behind that if there are deeper speakers

also, I spoke to CarAudioDirect, who suggest getting the DAB splitter before going to the hassle of a second aerial. So there you go!

IMG_0820.JPG

IMG_0821.JPG

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.