Active Deal Halfords - Pioneer DAB Head Unit - £40

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Ah monsieur, mais, les Français font le plus grand des amateurs!

My radiator fan won't cut in on it's own, I've replaced all the sensors so it must be a wiring problem. That and my aerial cable for the cd player has broken somewhere.
bring it on!!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
@Cartunes how do you find out whether a unit needs an SMA or SMB adapter? Both are listed as being for Pioneer.

Incidentally I bough another 1 of these with 10% off yesterday, so the original will be going back!

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
@Lyons - As far as I remember, SMA is the older, screw-on connector and SMB is the newer, push-on used today on most in-car DAB units

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Ok. Your link was for the SMA adapter just so I wanted to be sure! I'll get the box open here and check to be sure, at least I now know what the differences are and what I'm looking for.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
This is what's on the unit, so I believe it's SMA.

@Cartunes i know you said you'll be going for one of the DAB antenna Adapters in the new year, but have you heard any reviews of them? They're 2/3 of the price of the head unit just and double the price of the window antenna! Would the latter be grand?

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Fitted this in the Shogun yesterday. Absolutely fantastic job, especially for £36.

Just need the dab adapter.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
How is everyone getting on with this? I see they are £40 again and I'm thinking of getting one. Can the colour of the screen be changed to match the interior?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
How is everyone getting on with this? I see they are £40 again and I'm thinking of getting one. Can the colour of the screen be changed to match the interior?

I don't think so but not 100% sure, I haven't really explored too much.

Other than not having any DAB where I'm working, it's fantastic. Perfect for FM and iPhone use. Good sound too.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
@Cartunes - did you ever wire yours up yet with the wee adaptor?

Does the blue lead just attach to a switched power?

Yip yip. Blue lead attaches to P Remote/ Ant Remote which is usually blue or blue white from the stereo. I've not been able to do much on my motor in weeks.... too busy, or too rainy.

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Have you got the adapter yet Ross? I don't need mine anymore as there's no dab signal in the depths of Scotland.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
yes Ian, I got the adaptor, and got £10 of their £14 delivery charge back!!!

lorry isnt going to paint for another week or so, and wiring after it, so will get it all wired in then.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
If anyone avails of this offer agains they can have my adapter for £15.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Tempted to sell mine with the £20 adapter. I bought it for the work jeep but there is no DAB signal in the depths of Scotland.

ashloys

RMS Regular
Drives
MK4 Supra/Polo
I'll get your home insurance sorted if you give it to me? ;) haha

Give me a shout if you do sell it, I just need something cheap and cheerful for the Supra that looks good lol. It's got a big fancy double DIN with a satnav etc in it atm, but it doesn't fit the dash correctly and looks gash. Just want a nice neat single DIN with a pocket below after I refurb my dash panels at the weekend.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Nah, although there's no dab signal where I am I couldn't get another HU with usb for the same price!

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Nah, although there's no dab signal where I am I couldn't get another HU with usb for the same price!
Yeah that's my problem, I could do with another two of these radios but cant find them anywhere for that price.
May hold out hope that they come up in a Halfords Christmas sale again

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.