Harbour Police...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
...Folks I was coming from the odyssey this evening down towards Dee Street and the harbour police had the speed gun out.

This area is 30mph limit and all I can say is, thank frig I was tired and had the nephew with me as I'd normally sit over the limit.

To say the officer with the gun was annoyed at me doing 30mph is an understatement, the look I got was in pure anger that she couldn't pull me HAHA

So be careful in round there folks as it's way to easy to have some fun on the open bits.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Suprised at them doing that. We have chatted to the harbour police a few times when taking photos and they were a real good laugh, bantered away at them (y)

Curtiz

RMS Regular
Cant stand the Harbour police, got a couple of pictures of my old car beside the HSS and they came flying in telling me Im not allowed to take pictures and i could get fined as its private property

Nothing better to do!

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
It is private property yes and they do have a job to so.

The only one time they have talked to me about taking photo's in the gounds was three years back.

I proved that I was working for a magazine and gave them a copy and said if they allow me 45mins maximum I will be gone.

Sure enough 40 minutes later they seen me drive out and they waved thanking me for sticking to my word.

I know others haven't been so lucky with them.

5gtt

RMS Regular
Drives
Bora TDi 150
i work in harbour estate and they are always out driving round the place, seen them a few times on airport road and herron road with the hairdryer but they seem decent enough otherwise

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
i was under the impression that harbour police were a bit of a mickey mouse set up. obviously i'm wrong if they have the power to issue speeding tickets lol

5gtt

RMS Regular
Drives
Bora TDi 150
i was under the impression that harbour police were a bit of a mickey mouse set up. obviously i'm wrong if they have the power to issue speeding tickets lol

not sre wot the story is, thought same myself but been told they have more power than average cop, customs etc

MarkOne

RMS Regular
They hav plenty of power they previously controlled city airport until glasgow incident n its setup was all changed they hav almost daily speed traps on queens rd and airport rd west

MarkOne

RMS Regular
Graham; said:
To say the officer with the gun was annoyed at me doing 30mph is an understatement, the look I got was in pure anger that she couldn't pull me HAHA

So be careful in round there folks as it's way to easy to have some fun on the open bits.

tbh has no1 been shocked and disgraced by Some of the psni's rookie female officers they bark at u instead of talkin like yer a scumbag yet they r barely 20 on 2 occassions iv refused to deal with em n said get yer supervisor seargeant watever and theres been no problem from that point once he and on the other occassion she stepped in!

Ruth

RMS Regular
Got pulled there not so long ago, apparently I was doing 45 just after the lights (didnt feel like it tbh :oops:)he came across the road, gave me a telling off and said I would have been doing 50 by the roundabout if he hadnt stopped me.. lol. Let me off tho and lesson learnt as i've seen them down there a couple times since!

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
Theyr always about, used to work on Queens Road and they were down there afair bit

I think they are abit of a Mickey mouse set up, i remember someone telling me they only have authority around 3 miles from the centre of the harbour (cant remember exactly what the point is.)

_ZS_

Drives
Mondeo, i30, MF1
Same powers as the normal cops? So if you don't stop for them and drive out of the harbour, do they follow you in a high speed pursuit in their diesel Galaxy, or do they break out the TDDI Mondeo for those special high speed chases?

They gave me a parking ticket just under 10 years ago which I never paid, and am still waiting for them to chase it up.

They're all PSNI dropouts and folks who've retired on Patton.

big cyril

RMS Regular
Can't imagine there are too many primary schools or pedestrians down there either.:confounded:
Must have been a quiet night.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI

Actually, most of the ones I know are actually quite young, tried telling me I was doing 40 in a 30 in the FR after I overtook a lorry that was doing 15, laughed at her and told her to slide on to which I got the same amount of slagging back only been told to move by them once when taking pictures:party:

Gambit

RMS Regular
Same powers as the normal cops? So if you don't stop for them and drive out of the harbour, do they follow you in a high speed pursuit in their diesel Galaxy, or do they break out the TDDI Mondeo for those special high speed chases?

They gave me a parking ticket just under 10 years ago which I never paid, and am still waiting for them to chase it up.

well obviously they cant chase you outside of their jurisdicition - what i was implying is they have the same powers of stop, search, arrest, prosecution etc

though im guessing you probably know better than them

2fast4u

RMS Regular
Drives
V50, MT-10, MSX
I got stopped by them a while back, they cant issue speeding tickets and its goes straight to PPS. You then either plead guilty by post or have a day in court.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
I thought these guys could only tell you to move on or kick you out, didn't know they could prosecute for speeding. Safe to say we weren't doing anywhere near 30mph when this pic was taken outside Bombardier lol

3738349749_c5c05eb7e0.jpg

c_rad

RMS Regular
They pulled me on Dufferin Road last week, they sat at 15 mph and moved over to let me pass... So I did, then came the flashing lights and a 'talking' to. Apparently I was taking the piss with doing 35 mph in a 30. Yet several artics fully loaded steamed past at well over that like they always do on that road.... Some are dead on, Quite a few are full on heroes though.

I find they are veryu hit and miss to deal with.

Sgt_Major

RMS Regular
Drives
E81 123d
Cant stand the Harbour police, got a couple of pictures of my old car beside the HSS and they came flying in telling me Im not allowed to take pictures and i could get fined as its private property

Nothing better to do!

They can't fine you surely, yes it's trespass on private property, but that's a civil issue, not a fine able offense. Surely they can only put you out?

Jo-Jo

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Fiesta zete
...To say the officer with the gun was annoyed at me doing 30mph is an understatement, the look I got was in pure anger that she couldn't pull me HAHA

PMSL i can still see her face she wasn't a happy bunny at all :mad:

ek4

RMS Regular
Drives
ek4
seem to give most people a telling off just is the feedback i get in work.

sit outside main gates to shorts in the wee hours of the morn....geeg!

they need to pull a few of those oil tankers in etc that bomb up the road.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Work down that direction myself and they are out nearly every morning and evening with the speed gun as people are arriving and leaving work.

Johnski

RMS Regular
They pulled me on Dufferin Road last week, they sat at 15 mph and moved over to let me pass... So I did, then came the flashing lights and a 'talking' to. Apparently I was taking the piss with doing 35 mph in a 30. Yet several artics fully loaded steamed past at well over that like they always do on that road.... Some are dead on, Quite a few are full on heroes though.

I find they are veryu hit and miss to deal with.

Like every other profession, insurance companies, banks, hospitals...and so the list goes on...

tbh has no1 been shocked and disgraced by Some of the psni's rookie female officers they bark at u instead of talkin like yer a scumbag yet they r barely 20 on 2 occassions iv refused to deal with em n said get yer supervisor seargeant watever and theres been no problem from that point once he and on the other occassion she stepped in!

Someone please dont put another 10p in this guy:-#(y):p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.