Haven't been paid

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Just wondering where i stand at the moment.

I have recently taken a new job, im on my 6th week into the lab and still have not received payment. payday was last wednesday and i have still not seen any money.
My work has EFT'd the money over to me on friday, and ive just been informed that it wont be in my account till tomorrow tuesday, thats a full week with no signs of pay.
To say im not a happy bunny is an understatement... but i am absoloutely broke ive not had any income in 6 weeks and im living away from home... that doesnt come for free.

So im just wonderin where i stand on all of this can i complain to anyone???

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

p 5ary

RMS Regular
i doubt it, some places make you do a full months work ie you would have expected 2 weeks last pay day if im thinking along the same lines as yourself.

pablo

RMS Moderator
just one of those things mate. every month I hold my breath and hope we will get paid. ah the joys of a small company :p

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
lol tell me about it. Small company here too,

p 5ary, ive had to do the lying week thing before in halfords, and i didnt mind but there was no mention of this and its pissed me off to he honest!

pablo

RMS Moderator
nah you dot generally do a lying month. go see HR/Accounts person and ask how much it was for

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
If it was me, i'd have been straight down the local DHSS to throw a few chairs about!

To make you feel worse, my DLA is getting backdated for two months and into my bank account TODAY so happy days, loads of new Xmas presents for myself!

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
oh don't you worry i'll be thinking and thanking you all when i go into the bank since the ATM won't give me that much money ;)

pablo

RMS Moderator
it warms my heart to think of all the poor folk sponging off my taxes having a little extra for christmas. Regals instead of mayfair, smirnoff instead of tesco vodka and of course kappa trackie bottoms for the little'uns.

merry christmas everyone :laughing:

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
I'm sure it will warm your heart even further to know that they are giving me the guts of a grand today to spend at my leisure. I was going to buy BJ a gift but he seems to have disappeared from the forum. :worried:

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
.. and actually, those on benefits DO get a Xmas bonus! Its only a £10 but still that little extra towards the regal and maybe a pack of mince pies for Xmas day. :laughing:

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Cheers for making me feel better Cappers! You've stuck me into the crimbo spirit!:p

Prehaps il grow a small fir tree outa my head and decorate it! ...lol

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
sorry Gobsheene, if i was in your position i would complain though or at least ask other employees what happened to them when they started woring there. 6 weeks does seem like an awful long time.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
yeah its a pain in the ass more than anyhing i have been paid aparently but i dont have any money... ill put it down to neglegance as im a newstart.

But fact is im skint and pretty pissed off! i managed to make 200 quid last 6 weeks... i think that wasnt too bad.

If its not in the bank tomorrow i wont be in work. Simple as.

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
Could be the banks fault with the funds transfer, mine have been late a few times.

To make you feel EVEN WORSE, i just opened my mail and the DHSS say i am entitled to an extra £23.95 a week and they are backdating that to the 7th October. :laughing:

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
WILL THERE BE MONEY IN IT????????????? lol

Crimson Viper

Drives
Integra Type R D
ah poor gobsheene, nothing worse than not getting your wages.
Has happened to us many times in our company, dirctor would piss off out the country and we'd be left with no wages. Getting paid monthly sucks, i got paid last monday and i'm borke already, and its three weeks again before pay day, but thank god Jan is only a 4 week month, 5 week months are killers.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
OP
Gobsheene
Drives
Mini&Corolla
im supposed to have the money in the account on the last banking day of the month...halfords worked the same system...and never had any bother..other than paying 29% tax for the guts of a year.

If halfords can do then... anyone can Halfords are one of the most disorganised companies ive ever seen, so many paperbased systems tht no one even knows about!!! But i dont work there any more... sort wish i was.... least id have money

*gurn --gripe*

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
Takes my wages 5 days to appear after they're transferred. Depends on your bank more than anything. My old job I used to have my wages on the 20th - other people didn't get theirs until the 25th-28th. I just happened to be with the same bank as my employers.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.