Honda FN2 - Flashpro?

AC

RMS Regular
I recently bought a cheap FN2 for winter duties and my inner child couldn't resist firing an intake on it (Direnza jobbie) for noise giggles.

But in doing so, there is a bit of a flat spot and it's also thrown the EML on (half expected this) - suspect due to the MAF throwing a fit.
I've heard a Flashpro map will sort this out. If so..
  • Does anyone have one unlocked for sale? Or one that can throw a map on to it?
  • Does it come with a base map to sort this out? (Group N map?)
Any advice welcome before I just throw the standard airbox back on.

PAULW

RMS Regular
The flashpro is locked to the ECU, so you need to have an unlocked flashpro that you can lock to your ECU and then use that to flash whatever map you want on it (if you want to sell it on, you flash back the OEM map and unlock the flashpro).

The flashpro software comes with a Group N map which should do your job and TBH I've used that for years on various FN2s. You can download maps online but these would be risky as you wouldn't 100% know what mods they'd been created for.

I've one I'd sell but I want back what I paid (430 quid) otherwise I'll keep it. Cheaper option is to put the OEM airbox back on. One thing to note is that nearly every intake I've tried causes that flat spot, so it's not unique to the direnza and you'll have to map it to get rid of that if an intake is what you want (they do sound great)

Reactions: AC

AC

RMS Regular
OP
AC
Good stuff @PAULW - does the Group N map remove the flat spot too? If so, sounds like what I need. My son loves the noise... so that's my excuse.

1700481422261.png

PAULW

RMS Regular
Yes, flat spot gone and VTEC at 3800. Personally I edit the map ever so slightly so that VTEC at 3800 needs a heavier press on the throttle, so it doesn't kick in intentionally when on the motorway

neoflare

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CRZ-GT
Funny I have one sitting on my desk here unlocked gathering dust, you still interested ?