Honda Hornet 600

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
I've had this Honda Hornet 600 for about 6 months now but never took pictures before due to the fact its usually boggin :p Shes an '03 facelift model in Candy Xenon Blue and is pretty much standard bar the radiator shrouds, bellypan and hugger.
Great fun to ride and when shes in her element on a twisty back road she really brings out the hooligan in me :imp: lol Except maybe fitting a 14 tooth front sprocket I have no plans to do anything more to her.
C&C more than welcome :grinning:
b1re-1.jpg
b2re.jpg

b3re.jpg

Souleh

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Looks super tidy and cean

Liking the radiator and coolant hose covers, makes it look much more aggressive.

Any plans for it?

Dan.86

RMS Regular
looks very clean, love all the touches too. for a second there i thought it was my old hornet. health to ride

mattyd

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk1 octavia vrs/
looks well. i had 1 the same. put gold straight rental bars on it and a boss racing pipe. looked well

deevtec

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic 1.8 VTi (m
Very nice but also very let down as was expecting to see a buzzing hornet :worried: only 50 ever produced and only ever offered to those that purchased the equally rare line of 500 jordan civics

mikey

RMS Regular
OP
mikey
Drives
Celica
Thanks for all the comments guys! :laughing:
Your training wheels are a bit low :p
Wheeeeeeey :p

Any plans for it?
Apart from maybe dropping a tooth on the front sprocket come chain renewal time (in a couple of weeks unfortunately) shes staying as she is. She did have a blueflame evo can on her but I didn't think it suited the look of the bike so she went back to standard. IMO I think Hornets/Bandits etc can get tacky looking very quickly and look the best pretty much as they came from the factory.

Very nice but also very let down as was expecting to see a buzzing hornet :worried: only 50 ever produced and only ever offered to those that purchased the equally rare line of 500 jordan civics
Sorry to be misleading lol. Forgot there was an actual buzzin model! I've only ever seen the "Buzzin' Hornet" edition of the newer shape Hornet (circa 2008 iirc) with the hornet airbrushing on the tank. Never seen an old style one before. Read somewhere that only a couple, if even that, were bought by Civic Jordan owners and the rest ended up being sold to the general public in the dealerships. They're very catchy looking and I definately wouldn't mind one but the chances of finding a genuine one are slim to nil lol :worried:

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
Lovely machine, that we cover looks very tidy at the radiator, good going things, not much of an ncap crash rating tho as I found out on mine lol!!

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
the real buzzin hornet ones are class i saw one once

that bike is nice too tho, get that can off to **** tho seriously

M1CK

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 320D
Class bikes! Im hopefully buying my second tomoro miss my first one lol get that can off and defo down one tooth at the front best thing i done to mine. Does wonders for acceleration but it does put the speedo out by a few mph!

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
There was an original buzzin hornet that used to sit in Portrush a number of years back

mikey

RMS Regular
OP
mikey
Drives
Celica
Changed the title as it was a bit misleading! lol
that bike is nice too tho, get that can off to **** tho seriously
When I bought the bike she had a Blueflame Evo can fitted, but I thought it was very "boomy", even with the baffle in. As I use the bike 90% of the time for commuting I couldn't be bothered with getting a sore head everyday lol.

Class bikes! Im hopefully buying my second tomoro miss my first one lol get that can off and defo down one tooth at the front best thing i done to mine. Does wonders for acceleration but it does put the speedo out by a few mph!
Got the chain and -1 sprocket ordered today. Can't wait to get it fitted and see the difference it makes! (y) I suppose she would be keener to lift the front as well? Not that I would of course ;):p:imp: lol As long as the speedo is over and not under reading I don't mind! :grinning: Would be a good excuse though officer :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.