How much does a bodykit and alloys bring up the insurance?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Shouldn't be that much. Best to ring around a few places and do your homework beforehand though

ewok

RMS Regular
a hell of a lot dont tell them trust me i know i got quoted 450 for the clio with the kit and everything else 3000 pound

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
ewok said:
a hell of a lot dont tell them trust me i know i got quoted 450 for the clio with the kit and everything else 3000 pound

:eek: Christ! Honestly didn't think it'd affect it that much

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
a mate of mine lowered his 97 clio 30mm and the insurance company wanted an extra £400, that was hughs and co in ards

Tigger 172

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Clio 172
Quinn Direct - 0845 850 0845

Best insurance people I've come across yet (I've tried them all)
Great company & great value - 3yrs NCB and premium is falling like a stone :party:

As for mods - alloys, bodykits, ICE, blah blah..... NO PROBLEM (y)

Their only concerns are changes to:

@ Suspension (Doesn't usually affect premium/quote but a report form has to be filled in by an approved mechanic stating the car is road-worthy)
@ Engine (tunning box/remap or change of engine)
Quotes estimated on bhp increase to the car (extra 20bhp = 20% rise in premium)
@ Tinted windows ( We are all aware of the new law on tints to the front-side windows of the car. If the car is not road-legal the insurance is VOID!)

People out there will pull the odd stunt here & there but insurance companies will hunt for every clue they can get hold of - I've been there (long story) :relieved:

Tigger 172

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Clio 172
ewok said:

I don't see any sense in that...:relieved:

Insurance companies know how to make their money..

... If you have an accident and they find something not declared, (and they will) you are fecked!

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
ClioSport_Trev said:
I don't see any sense in that...:relieved:

Insurance companies know how to make their money..

... If you have an accident and they find something not declared, (and they will) you are fecked!

Sure the counts now have a full departments dedicated to finding a get-out of paying!! Dirty feckers is al they are!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.