Importing from GB into Northern Ireland

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Sure, every used car has no tax now.....no?

As soon as you do the change of ownership online, the tax is automatically cancelled and the rebate generated.
Technically yes but by the time its all sorted on the system and ur going to get caught ur long since home.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
If the car has been registered in NI, it wont work online. If the car is still on a UK registered V5C, you can normally tax it online as the new keeper with the green slip.

Having said that, mine didnt work like that. I just drove home and taxed it in the Post Office the next morning

Yes this was a car I was buying in England that was in England from new, and it didn't work. Seems definitely hit or miss but haven't figured out what makes it work sometimes and not at other times.

will1588

RMS Regular
Drives
Merc Est 1.8
not a reply but a query.. bought a car mid July in UK ,guy who had it let me stick 1.8.23 as purchase date so i was covered if plod checked me en route back here driving 400miles, had car on classic cover, and Rac cover as well, made a sorn application by post early August, they obviously as yet havent had it as they are trying hard despite 2 letters to them stating car off the road for mechanical and paint repairs till just this week, and had diaried the date letter posted and can prove at the date they mention the car was in the air having new susp fitted and a full underneath tidy up , no rust, later went for new front guard and painted one side , bonnet and boot.. looking for 112 from memory, if i tax i could back tax to August, but as far i as feel they shouldn't get any... itS their system is wrong or failing and i look like a soft touch , i feel like seeing them in court , if the post office camera was working proof of stamp etc should be available, and i told them this isnt there a delay on court cases over here., does anybody know if they have a sort of fast track to court for this sort of issue.. will