Impreza STI

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I am on the lookout for an Impreza STI, what's out there? Ideally I would like a widetrack blob eye (05) but will consider others. Any colour apart from silver considered.

Budget is pretty flexible for the right car.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Is the PPP a must have on these?

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
My old blob had the PPP and it was around 300bhp as they are 260 or so standard but yeah an exhaust and map would get you the same power figure

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I was thinking more for come resale time, PPP might be preferable over aftermarket mods?

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
if you are after an appreciating car the the only thing to go for is a WR Blue 2005 widetrack blob that has PPP and a virgin. They are expensive now but will be worth a fortune in years to come if left as factory.

Jason

RMS Regular
I have a 2005 PPP widetrack, exactly the same as the blue one you saw of mine, Obsidian Black only 34k miles, 2 owners, 2 brothers of the same address. Every PPP extra.

Cameron Cars - Cars

Excuse the crap pic

17176217_1437017702988722_1964943372_o.jpg

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
@Jas Lad I know if you're selling it that it will be a good example but if I went ahead with spending that amount on one it would have to be a blue one unfortunately.

I still regret not buying your last one! If you come across anymore keep me in mind (y)

PAULW

RMS Regular
PPP will be more desirable at resale time but if you mod it anyway, it's kind of pointless. Silver was only available in the widetrack which IMO makes it stand out to those that know, blue however is the historical subaru colour, white is the ultimate colour in them. There are only 9 white UK widetracks

catchagrip

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Silver was available in both non widetrack and widetrack, crystal grey was only available in widetrack, I have owned a lot of Subaru's over the years in all colours ( including white ) and models. Don't get caught up in colour or PPP just make sure it's a low mileage low owner original car with good history.
Don't worry about resale either because if the car is a good example you will have no problem selling it.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
PPP will be more desirable at resale time but if you mod it anyway, it's kind of pointless. Silver was only available in the widetrack which IMO makes it stand out to those that know, blue however is the historical subaru colour, white is the ultimate colour in them. There are only 9 white UK widetracks

And there is one in co down

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
PPP is only more desirable at resale if the buyer knows about imprezas. Its not worth paying extra for one.

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
It would have to be a PPP for me, they just drive so much better than a standard car.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
It would have to be a PPP for me, they just drive so much better than a standard car.
A simple £300 remap without adding any parts will get a standard car to the same power level.It will be better than a ppp because its mapped for that exact car not just a generic map.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
ppp is a generic map designed for the STI off the production line, in therory they are all the same spec. Its the resale value I am thinking about

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Ideally I am looking for a widetrack in WR Blue, with sensible mileage, as close to standard as possible and PPP.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Any members on here got one they would consider selling? Cash waiting. Good cars seem in short supply at the minute!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I found my PPP one horrible to drive in traffic so jerky, had also read a few stories about that at the time, stand alone map was so much better to drive on my other Imprezas

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Any members on here got one they would consider selling? Cash waiting. Good cars seem in short supply at the minute!

I find there's never much for sale over here, would you not take a trip to England?

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I find there's never much for sale over here, would you not take a trip to England?
Yeah I've sent a few enquiries about cars advertised in England but the dealers are all closed for the weekend.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Hurst cars usually good for Imprezas. Was looking at his stock ther and he has a rare JDM wide track

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Hurst cars usually good for Imprezas. Was looking at his stock ther and he has a rare JDM wide track
Yeah I seen they were well thought of on scoobynet. I sent an enquiry about the UK widetrack yesterday.

Do the twinscroll jdm cars not lose some of that Subaru burble?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.