Injector seat query

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
Hi team,

Hope you are all doing well. I have a bit of a job to do over Christmas on the nemesis 325d here in that I have to replace thr rocker cover gasket and with it being an oil burner, I have the exquisite luxury of injector removal.

This is a 100k mile example that isn't suffering any blow by at the injectors for reference.

My question is, now I have a new set of copper washers to throw in when refitting the injectors but just wanted to sound out how necessary you would think it for me to buy a seat cutter to tidy the injector seat face if it hasn't shown any issues?

I take it that giving the face is the right way to do this but if it hasn't been blowing past the seal, from any of your experiences might this be overkill?

just wanted to gather your thoughts on this and anything else I might encounter

cheers
j

jinjur

RMS Regular
OP
jinjur
Drives
Clio 172
I take it that CLEANING the face is the right way to do this but if it hasn't been blowing past the seal, from any of your experiences might this be overkill?

DJMCA

RMS Regular
No experience of a BM but surely if its a soft copper washer the seat shouldn't be damaged, If it was id assume you would already know by the way the car was running etc.

Sounds like a lot of work probably unnecessarily - if it aint broken dont fix it!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
My naive ass thinking something different

Fast And Furious Eject GIF by The Fast Saga