insurance for engine conversion cars...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Hi

Just wondering what companies you lot are with that have engine conversions done. Considering a 2.0 8v corsa and just wanting to know how much i will get rapped if its possible at all for a 19 year old with 1 years ncb...

Thanks

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
doubt anyone will even let you finish that sentence if you ask them to insure you. as far as i know engine conversions arent toooo bad on insurance as long as the car came with that engine in the model range. ie fitting an M3 engine into a 316, and if you are of a reasonable age. unfortunately you have neither of these criteria! :p

TheLarneMan

RMS Regular
Drives
205GTI GolfR
Flux quoted me around £570 fully-comp for my 205 Mi16 last year.

The problem with declaring engine conversions is trying to explain to the muppets on the phone what has been done to the car.

In my experience most companies will refuse to even give you a quote, nevermind asking for a higher premium.

HMS Skyliner

Drives
R32 Skyliner GTR
Some companies will concider the engine swop as long as the is an AA engineers report.#
Please note, eg if you have 1200cc corsa and want a 1600cc corsa sport engine in, they will rate your car insurance as the corsa 1600cc sport, this means that they will increase your insurance to whatever the bigger group of the two.

Best advice on who to try, is to use my ring and see theory, as ring em and see!!!

ian

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 Stage 3
yea am lookin to find out bout this too as i want to drop the v6 lump into my car out of the 406 coupe

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.