insurance question - driving other vehicles

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

noel106

im insured through Hughes & company ballynahinch and was enquiring about upgrading my insurance to fully comp as i wanted to drive other vehicles!

BUT i was told that if i went fully comp i still COULDN'T drive ANY OTHERvehicles until i turn 25!

Does anyone know if there is any truth in this? as i have friends that are insured with Quinn 3rd party f&t and they can drive other peoples cars and they are under 25!

how come?

thanks for any help

Noel

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Its down to the insurance companies at what age you can drive other cars. For example I was once with Quinn Direct on a TPF&T policy and I could drive other cars. It varies from company to company - elephant for example doesn't allow you to drive other cars like you say until you are over 25.

Andy

pablo

RMS Moderator
yup I was with McClartys before I was 25 and I could do it but I changed to endsleigh and they were over 25 only.

Also the car must be insured by someone so you cant insure a metro and cruise around in a supra :p

Matt123

RMS Regular
if u are insured on other cars, is there a limit on wat cars, ie. can someone who is insured on a corsa just go drive like and evo??

of no significance to me lol, just wondered

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
sexymanda said:
andys insured on a corsa and can drive his cousins subaru, doest seem bad!

yeah, but if he crashes the subarau then the insurance is for 3rd party only. I hope he drives it carefully :p

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
pablo said:
yup I was with McClartys before I was 25 and I could do it but I changed to endsleigh and they were over 25 only.

Also the car must be insured by someone so you cant insure a metro and cruise around in a supra :p

ya can use yer old man's age and driving experience to your advantage though and pay for him to take out a policy on the supra while you insure yerself on the metro

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
like adrian flux....my gsi is standard...sorry i cant quote u on it then :? wats it all about...had declare mods i aint done yet to get cover!!

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
pablo said:
yup but you cant use your NCB on both :worried:

yeah but if you have two policies in your name then you will bulid up a NCB with each policy. besides old men dont need NCB, got these quotes for my da not using any NCB, Twincam- £515 TPF&T, E30 BMW 316i TPF&T £730, not too bad if ye ask me

Dermot

Ha Ha Marty... Thats ****...

Me on 1.6 Cav TpT&F = £2,200
Mum on Cav v6 (Gp 17) £478

Me to drive V6 Cav £2,678 - A year
And about £5000 on Petrol :grinning:
£200 on Tax
and about £1000 on Tyres

Ohh well....

Marty Lad

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
not bad dermot, is that with or without NCB, the oul lad was £315 for the 316 using full no claims

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
the only car i can drive apart from my own is my old 1.2 8v clio which my bro now has and i can not drive another car insured untill im 25 - it sucks!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.