Active Deal Ipad 2 £299

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pablo

RMS Moderator
17287301.jpg

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
i dunno why, but i near piss my pants every time i see one of those wee dudes, they're so funny (y)

pablo

RMS Moderator
lol Im not buying one either way but Id buy off apple for £10 less vs £10 from ebay. ebuyer will probably try and stroke you for NI postage too.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
I wouldn't buy a "brand new" iPad off eBay, its probably a factory fault and repair anyway so they can say its brand new still. They won't be selling a genuinely brand new one cheaper than Apple.

Marc

RMS Moderator
£299 does seem like a good price but surely 3g is a must??

I made the mistake of a 3G original ipad, when I got my 2 i got the WIFI only version, and setup teathering to my iphone. only 1 monthly bill now instead of 2

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
I made the mistake of a 3G original ipad, when I got my 2 i got the WIFI only version, and setup teathering to my iphone. only 1 monthly bill now instead of 2

Pray tell, How do?? I could end up with the ipad2 very shortly lol!

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Download something like PDAnet onto your iPhone, it allows it to tether to other devices and act as a Wifi hotspot.

Marc

RMS Moderator
on iphone
go into settings
Personal Hotspot
turn it on

open ipad, search for the network called Lappins Iphone ( or whatever your phone is called)
put the password into the ipad as displayed on your iphone and thats it done

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Download something like PDAnet onto your iPhone, it allows it to tether to other devices and act as a Wifi hotspot.
iOS 4.something had tethering as standard in the OS, certainly my iOS 5 has it and I use it regularly with the iPAD. Back in the jailbreak days used PDAnet with great success too.

Marc

RMS Moderator
iOS 4.something had tethering as standard in the OS, certainly my iOS 5 has it and I use it regularly with the iPAD. Back in the jailbreak days used PDAnet with great success too.

has to be at least IOS 4.3 from memory :grinning:

pablo

RMS Moderator
you can do it legit now? I thought PDANet was still the only way. or do you have to pay 02 to enable it?

pablo

RMS Moderator
Once it's done, go to Settings > General > Network > (Set Up) Personal Hotspot on the iPhone to get started. If you don't see the setting, speak to your network about enabling it. It's best to switch it off again when you're finished.

I dont have it so guess you gotta pay extra for it.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Once it's done, go to Settings > General > Network > (Set Up) Personal Hotspot on the iPhone to get started. If you don't see the setting, speak to your network about enabling it. It's best to switch it off again when you're finished.

I dont have it so guess you gotta pay extra for it.
I'm on O2, latest OS, nothing special and I have it.

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Try Restoring The Phone, Using An .ispw File From The Net, Instead Of iTunes, Then Check If You Have The "Personal Hotspot"

PeteM

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat CC
What you guys reckon the going rate for a 3G iPad (first gen) should be? I'm selling mine at the mo and no idea what price to put on it, it's only five months old and perfect nick.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.