Keiths Nova Turbo Project

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
neil205 said:
looks brilliant......how much does a full respray like that cost?did u get it done privately or at a garage?

It was done by the VW restoration center in ballymena. The paint was superb, but the rest of the work was awful, hence the rebuild again. I would only recomend them for painting.

Keith

rosssei

RMS Regular
was it me or did i see this last nite (sunday nite) crusin around bangor, was in the top car park at about 9 30 ish, defo looked exactly the same as this shell so wanderd if it was it ?

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Yeah, i put it back together and drove it up for the craic :party:

No - probably a cheap replica ;)

Keith

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Will have it home on monday, fly over to pick it up on thursday.

I'll get some pics of my own and throw them up then. Its pretty easy to guess what it is tho! Its just a little bit special tho (but its completely standard)

Keith

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Hey Folks..

Just back from england tonight.

The new car is now home and i've got 2 pics from when i got it back to my grans in wakefield. The car is a 1990 1.4L, its pretty high spec too with a perfect 1.4, antiroll bars, door cappings etc, very nice drive! -

There's a little book with it, detailing everytime it was ever filled with petrol, and what miles showed at the time, along with all the MOT's, which shows 500 miles roughly between every MOT.

Its now got a genuine 8250 miles. However the car was bought for a reason, and thats to shell all my good parts, the turbo engine etc into.

Why? because i had NDZ booked in to get all the work done to the shell when i spotted this beauty on ebay. It just makes more sence when spending all this money to do it to an almost new shell, rather than one with 80k on it. After all, i want this car for years to come.

The new car will eventually look the same as NDZ, most likely in a new colour.

And here's the little beauty!

newnova1.gif

newnova2.gif

Keith

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
Absolutely class base! You have another white low milage Nova too don't you?

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Yes - its silver tho - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/000_0034.jpg

Its got 12k on the clock, i bought it with 4k. That one will never be touched tho as i've grown too attached. This new one is getting at me, but i cant leave it standard otherwise i'll have to abandon the project. Need to get it stripped before i get emotional lol!

Anyone looking a 1.4 nova engine with 8k on it, spread the word - contact me with offers. (exact same as SR engine, just swap for the twin choke carb)

Keith

ally_mac

RMS Regular
Drives
05 Evo IX GT
u always seem to find the clean nova keith, its a very good base to start with. Are you going to convert the front to the newer shape nova like NDZ or keep it old school

STE_vie

RMS Regular
old school would be cool?? r how about a new one as well. couple of hours would do the swap over and a totally different looking car...

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
pablo said:
looks tidy but I have to wonder why mate? NDZ was as clean as they come surely?

Indeed its still a really clean shell, but it was starting to show its age once i stripped it. Shame really, but its mostly down to crap work by the VW restoration center.

Still, there's no rot or holes, so its going to make the perfect group A hill climb car for the new owner.

And i'm starting now with what is essentially a nearly new nova, so with the right work i shouldnt see any rust for many many years to come.

I had thought about keeping the mk1 front and fitting a new GTE kit, and altho it would be old skool, different and pretty nice, it still just wouldnt cut it compared to the way my car looked, and so i'm fitting the wings, lights and GSI bits from NDZ accross.

The car will look exactly the same, with a fresh retrim, turbo, 6 speed and a new colour.

Keith

Keith

stewarty.c

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda Premacy
nice wee nova keith you got. hope the project goes to plan and cant wait to see it coming to the final stages.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Tidy looking base car Keith... Lets hope all goes to plan (y)

Can ya PM me a figure for the 1.4 engine, as my mate isnt too pleased with his 1litre push-rod that he has in his Nova.. lol

Cheers
Nicky

ally_mac

RMS Regular
Drives
05 Evo IX GT
all the best with it anyway keith, im sure it will turn out to be 1 of the best novas in the uk when finished as you have very good attention to detail

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Well guys - NDZ 1331 is officially dead in my eyes. Its sold to the Lynch brothers (local hillclimbers) and is being used to reshell there rallycar. Really happy about this as i wont see it on the road again, and it will hopefully bring them loads of success.

Goodbye Chap -

byebye1.jpg

byebye2.jpg

Just need someone to give me good money for the 8k 1.4

engine3.jpg

Then its time to get to work turning this into my new nova turbo.

right.jpg

Will keep you all updated :grinning:

Keith

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
I bet you were gutted to see the old one go after all the time/effort money.

Acid

RMS Regular
i,m sure your sad mate but at least the shell will see the last of its days in full flight anger

good luck with turbo build
Following thread intently :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.