Lacquer peel

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
Who would be best suited at sorting lacquer peel or is it to far gone and needing a re-spray??

Screenshot_2023-04-25-20-57-46-42_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Cro

RMS Regular
I think once it starts at that level it’s a respray number. I always recommend Ryan white up at nufinish in Antrim

Even if someone says they’ll pull the lacquer off and just clear it I’d just get it done fully for all the difference it’ll be in price

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Yer man at Paintworkz in Bangor might be worth calling for that. Looks like a full bonnet respray though.

KevM

RMS Regular
If you are the original purchaser of the vehicle, have a customer relationship with the dealer handling the case & have a full Merc history, they 'may' consider a warranty claim.

They are refusing everything else.

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
VERY common problem in those red Mercs - As Jason said I have heard of them standing over it few years back, but don't know about now.

Either way, needs resprayed & fingers crossed it doesn't start anywhere else :-#

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
I’ve seen a pile of red Merc’s get full respray Foc, not sure if there’s an age limit though?
Bodyshop that I use told me that they’ll paint most of the car, but for some reason there were certain parts they wouldn’t do which was random. I can’t remember but maybe door handles and bumpers, maybe as areas that get general wear and tear.