Learner Driver Insurance

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

barachello

RMS Regular
Drives
CX5 & A3 8P
Would anyone have any recommendations for Learner driver insurance on their own car ?

My daughter got her provisional license today, and I am wanting to insure her on her own car.

Are the likes of Fluxdirect and other internet places, which are cheap, to be avoided ?
Fluxdirect were quoting £440, whereas my own insurance company, Autoline quoted £1800 !! I know the cheaper companies will then massively overload the premium when she passes her test, but how likely is it that it will be more than £1800 on an group 1 car.

There are also places that will insure for 1 to 6 months - but I am not sure how that would really work ?
thanks

Dave..

RMS Regular
Would anyone have any recommendations for Learner driver insurance on their own car ?

My daughter got her provisional license today, and I am wanting to insure her on her own car.

Are the likes of Fluxdirect and other internet places, which are cheap, to be avoided ?
Fluxdirect were quoting £440, whereas my own insurance company, Autoline quoted £1800 !! I know the cheaper companies will then massively overload the premium when she passes her test, but how likely is it that it will be more than £1800 on an group 1 car.

There are also places that will insure for 1 to 6 months - but I am not sure how that would really work ?
thanks
We used direct line on both of ours.

barachello

RMS Regular
OP
barachello
Drives
CX5 & A3 8P
how did that work when they passed David ?

Did they just raise the premium ?

Dave..

RMS Regular
how did that work when they passed David ?

Did they just raise the premium ?
I spoke to the wife and she told me we insured them as named drivers as learners and then in their own name when they passed their tests, sorry not what you asked.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.