Lighting

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Hi Simon,

Managed to break my hand-held inspection lamp at the weekend there.
Looking to know what you might have as a suitable replacement.

It would be helpful to have a magnetic attachment
Wireless / rechargeable is a must.
Durable/shock proof would hopefully make it last longer in my hands.
My old one had two stage lighting, so it could be used as a general torch - this isnt essential but was a nice touch.

Be kind on price, the old one was £20 but i've a budget of around £40 for this

Andy044

RMS Regular
OP
Andy044
Drives
^^^^^^
Looks good thanks, should have done a little more searching through the forum there lol.
Will be up on Thursday for the above

Do you have much in the way of free standing floodlights. I see Sealey have some out in a similar style to the one above

Andy044

RMS Regular
OP
Andy044
Drives
^^^^^^
@lightning any luck on pricing the second light you linked to there?
I will be up this evening at some point to buy the hand held one anyway. Are on tonight?

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Coming in at £43.50+. Not ment to be on tonight but probably will end up there for a bit, what time you thinking? If not I can leave word with Stevie (y)

Andy044

RMS Regular
OP
Andy044
Drives
^^^^^^
@lightning What have you in the way of angle grinders?
Just been informed that my faithful draper 115mm has broken in the hands of another :sob:

Need something cheap and cheerful. Draper prefered

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
Draper one would be about £25+vat plus minus depending on spec. Wouldn't cost much more to go on up to a quality one, metabo one prob £45+ vat ish with a 3 year warranty or a hitachi about £36.

If your coming up see @Daz as i'm out round some of our trade customers today showing off some new products :laughing:

Andy044

RMS Regular
OP
Andy044
Drives
^^^^^^
@lightning I'm going to need a thread of my own here i think lol.

I managed to shear a bolt off on a component earlier. Im going to try and extract the stud using the old hammer and chisel method but if that fails i'll need an extraction tool.
The bolt was a 10mm head so thats M6 i think?
What have you in the way of extraction tools? As its sheared flush with the part I'm going to need to drill in anyway

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
@lightning I'm going to need a thread of my own here i think lol.

I managed to shear a bolt off on a component earlier. Im going to try and extract the stud using the old hammer and chisel method but if that fails i'll need an extraction tool.
The bolt was a 10mm head so thats M6 i think?
What have you in the way of extraction tools? As its sheared flush with the part I'm going to need to drill in anyway

No worries there's a good range of screw or stud extractors in stock,

http://www.drapertools.com/b2c/b2citmdsp.pgm?pp_skmno=45856&ipadd=

http://www.drapertools.com/b2c/b2citmdsp.pgm?pp_skmno=42560&ipadd=

Something like one of these would do the job. Don't worry about the price it's just a list price. (y)

Andy044

RMS Regular
OP
Andy044
Drives
^^^^^^
Cheers.
I'll have a got at it tonight with the chisel but if that fails, i'll be out thursday or friday for a set.
In a similar vein, do you have any left handed drill bits? Seem to be popular for stud extraction purposes too

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.