List of cars that went down on the ship on fire, Felicity Ace

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Open the door, strap round the car and winch it in then fill with water.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Looks like a skip of water but I guess if it works fair enough. How do you get the burning car in to it?
Some of them have a winch to trail them in, then it's flooded. Others have fire engines with a hiab crane on the back, so they lift them in.

And yes, they are just skip lorries. The ones we have are massive and have the turning circle of a super tanker.

9313061128_ba3d02b5cf_b.jpg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
How often would EV's go up on fire here in NI?

I went looking stats and something tiny like 25/100,000 and more likely for a petrol car to go up

I know once they go up they are harder managed but just interested in frequency

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Surely the numbers are skewed though? Hell of a lot more diesel and petrol vehicles at the minute compared to EV which would obviously make them a higher figure

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Unless insurance keep a record of total loss due to fire, you would know the true stats as we don't record the vehicle type at a fire. It's simply recorded as a car fire.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Surely the numbers are skewed though? Hell of a lot more diesel and petrol vehicles at the minute compared to EV which would obviously make them a higher figure

Overall numbers would be but Boydie was talking fractions. In saying that EV's are generally newer so presumably you've less chance of mechanical failure causing a fire.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul

Not as a percentage of total cars registered.

Swedish figures...

Only 23 fires were reported in electric vehicles in 2022 making up just 0.004% of Sweden’s fleet of 611,000 EVs.
In contrast, over the same period, some 3,400 fires we reported in 2022 from Sweden’s 4.4 million petrol and diesel cars representing 0.08% of the fossil car fleet.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
As said, its not the frequency of the fires, although this will increase as the cars get older

Its the higher temps, intensity of the fire and the potential for reignition over a prolonged period that is the issue

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Just try harder to put it out. Work-shy sods, it's not all rescuing cats from trees.
The last cat I rescued from a tree was called 'Rocko' and he was trapped at the top of the tree by his lead. He'd been out for a casual walk on his lead and got jumped by a pitbull on the falls road. Off he went up the nearest big tree in the garden of Divis Tower and got his lead tangled in the branches.

(Genuinely a true story).

Jethro

RMS Regular
The last cat I rescued from a tree was called 'Rocko' and he was trapped at the top of the tree by his lead. He'd been out for a casual walk on his lead and got jumped by a pitbull on the falls road. Off he went up the nearest big tree in the garden of Divis Tower and got his lead tangled in the branches.

(Genuinely a true story).
It was probably too busy on RMS to realise it was stuck

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Says it was a Diesel vehicle that started it. I'm sure the Anti-Electric bunch will jump on it regardless.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.