Looking For A New Car

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
I had been about to look for a new car to replace the Mazda in January, but have decided to resume the hunt - a wee present to myself for after getting married before the inevitability of needing a family wagon, lol.

I've narrowed it down to either:
A manual or dsc 335i m-sport coupe
A lux pack 1 focus rs in blue
A megane 250 cup, white with recaros and a few other extras.

Not wanting to spend more than about 20k, but can't find any examples of the above in NI. Ive already missed a few FRS due to them being sold before even appearing online, and a lovely 335i in black.

Can the RMS collective keep an eye out for the above for sale anywhere, or if they know of any coming up?

I'd be looking to probably trade the Mazda in, since the chances of me selling my car just as the right one comes up are pretty slim and I couldn't be bothered to not have a car for a potentially long time!

Cheers! :grinning:

Mark_C

RMS Regular
R34 Skyline GTR would be the obvious choice. Them cars aren't even going to be 1/10 the car.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
Would it not be a expensive car to run, even compared to those 3? Tax, insurance, tyres and fuel must be at the highest cost levels.

Not much of a looker though, think it's dated quite quickly. Possibly even harder to find than the 3 above too!

Mark_C

RMS Regular
It still has the wow factor though! The 3 above just look like average family saloons with different wheels.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
A Skyline is hardly comparable to the 3 listed.

What age/mileage does it have to be Nige?

335i would definitely get my vote out of those.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
Rs4 would be lovely- was looking a bit over budget for the age/mileage I wanted- a bit more like 25k.

For the 335i, '08 would be preferable, RS 09/10, megane '10.

If anyone spots one in the spec above, make sure you post up here!! :laughing:

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
Willing to travel to the mainland nige?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2857483.htm

That is a very fresh looking bm inside- hardly any marks in the leather seat at all! Wouldn't go mainland unless I sold my car first- don't like the idea of being held over a barrel on trade in simply as I had come so far.

Maybe I should chance a private sale, but the guy selling his silver one has been without luck in 3 months :worried:

pinto200

RMS Regular
I know a guy with a 07 335i manual in black with red leather for sale. It's an se tho but with the 19" 5 spoke wheel upgrade which also gives it m sport suspension. I had a 325i in this spec and thought it looked much less fussy than the m sport.

Sin Bin

RMS Regular
I would go for the megane 250 cup, affordable, easier to fuel than the others, fwd for all weathers, its a little different than the norm cause you dont see too many of them on the road plus there not just as expensive to buy so it saves you a few pennies

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
I'd feel like I was cheating myself a bit if I went for a 335i se, plus it gets back to having to sell mine first. Theres a nice white 335i in Bangor that I'd go for if I sold my car.

I've only seen 1 250 cup for sale here, in black, which was too stealthy for me. I test drove hirsts yellow one, good motor, made the Mazda feel like a magic carpet ride though, and they had the cheek to put the price up (23995 to 24995) for a ex demo-er!!! Again, it comes down to finding a good one at a dealers to do a trade, in the right spec.

J hairs keep advertising a FRS but I've never seen it anytime I've driven past!

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
my views are as follows.

megane would be the single most regrettable thing you will do! the money you will lose as it will be worth 50p when you sell it. Not to mention the likleyhood of electrical problems that are expected. the only good renault is a lorry. they shouldnt be allowed to make cars.

rs focus would be a good call, there quick, entertaining and you wont look like a drug dealer. downside is they are uncomfortable to sit in for long journeys. but if your like me you maybe wouldnt care.

335 are great motors. bmw are priced high for a reason, because there good. i cant fault them at all bar muppets buy them who have a kilo of coc in the glovebox.

now out of the 3 cars you have chosen which one would i buy.....

none.

i would buy a diesel merc.

for example http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../radius/200/page/3/postcode/bt274ed?logcode=p

media.jpg

now there are far nicer mercs than this. its only an example but a 2/3 year old e-class is alot i repeat ALOT of car for the money. Of course if your really against diesel although the diesel range in the e-class are phenominal the petrol range even the amg spec is unreal. they are a cool car and you could drive this for 10 years and still it wont be outdated.

its up to you but i know when im in a situation were i could buy such car this is what i would ;)

also the coupe version in white HHHMMMMMMMM

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
An E250 blue efficiency diesel- honestly?! 8-(

Good luck getting an E Coupe for £20k too.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
No doubt a lot of car, nice fully loaded merc cls350 was going for £13k there, but too sensible.

Chose the above 3 cars based on a mixture of looks, driving pleasure (sound, chuckability etc) and running costs, and although mercs have come on quite a bit (new c-class coupe for eg) earlier ones just don't match up.

At the other end of the scale, evo x and sti lost out on looks and running costs. I'm sure I could make both look amazing, but going no further than a set of alloys and an exhaust this time.

pinto200

RMS Regular
I'd feel like I was cheating myself a bit if I went for a 335i se, plus it gets back to having to sell mine first. Theres a nice white 335i in Bangor that I'd go for if I sold my car.

!
Well to be honest I probably would too but would have a FRS over an msport all day long. So much more special.
I just sold my E92 M3 and would put a FRS on a par as an 'event'. Actually the FRS mite feel more special in normal driving.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
Well to be honest I probably would too but would have a FRS over an msport all day long. So much more special.
I just sold my E92 M3 and would put a FRS on a par as an 'event'. Actually the FRS mite feel more special in normal driving.

Yeah, that's precisely why I've got it on the list, in fact, I'd pretty much decided on one, but if I can't get a PB lux pack 1 for <20k then a nice White or black 335i with a set of vmr alloys would not upset me (plus a tuneful exhaust)

Really, my problem here is finding the cars above at a dealer here. :worried:

R26GO

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A4 S Line

I've only seen 1 250 cup for sale here, in black, which was too stealthy for me. I test drove hirsts yellow one, good motor, made the Mazda feel like a magic carpet ride though, and they had the cheek to put the price up (23995 to 24995) for a ex demo-er!!! Again, it comes down to finding a good one at a dealers to do a trade, in the right spec.

J hairs keep advertising a FRS but I've never seen it anytime I've driven past!

wheres that white bmw 335i for sale in bangor? private sale i take it?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.