Mate Stopped speeding !! Advice plz

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Phil_D

RMS Regular
Mate of mine was stopped speeding on Sunday morning 00.30 or so...He overtook and unmarked police car who then chased him, he got pulled over and given good bollocking....

The gave him a caution for speeding and a producer but nothing else...No fixed penalty or anything like that

Its that it or can he expect a summons through the post ?

Cheers

Phil

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yup, this happened to "someone i know" too. After a good scolding + a producer, there was no mention of any further action, so he asked just to make sure. The policeman said, no all he had to do was bring insurance details to the station.

Woodsie

RMS Regular
Drives
F21 125d
Happened to someone i know also. Although the Police Officer made it quite clear that he intended prosecuting him :scream:

rosie

RMS Regular
Drives
anything that bl
hes in the clear they would have given it to him at the tiem or told him they were charging him

Phil_D

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_D
six_impressive_hours said:
Lucky he got a sensible peeler who used his discretion :cool:

At the speed he was doing he was very lucky indeed....Lets just say the cops had to go well into three figs to catch him up....He threw up his hands and admitted that he was going far to hard an apologised to them. Sound like decent peelers alright...

therock

RMS Regular
Same thing happened to me, was caught at speeds i shouldn't have been going at.

Got asked if this was my first, had any points etc...
"No officer, no points"
Issued me with a producer, and said if he found out I did have any points, he would be knocking on my door to prosecute.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
If there was going to be any further action taken he would have been told there and then.

Phil_D

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_D
pablo said:
NIPS would have to be produced mate. youre lucky - uh I mean your mates lucky ;)

Wasn't me thankfully.....I would own up if it had been...

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular
I remember 'warming up' a new set of tyre's on the R6 which I was out scrubbing one night before a trackday. 3 figure speeds down the Anadale Embankment with the knee on the floor at the S bend. Peelers only caught me as I turned round to do the same bends again to scrub in the sides of the tyres.

I just threw my hands up & he gave me a right bollocking & a producer, was really early in the morning with no-one around. Decent peeler :cool:

jamesy

smiley

if he checks on the producer it should bt ticked as an offence or routine check....if they have cautioned him they can prosecute...

stuarty500

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 330CI
Thats the sort of cops I like! Not like the one's that booked me for doing 45 in a 30 zone at 11.30 at nite!

therock

RMS Regular
Jamesy, was it your soop that I seen getting a REALLY thorough search over by cops in bangor one night, as in, two cop cars maybe around you car looking at engine and stuff?

Right down in front of rough stuff about 6months ago, maybe more.

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular
therock said:
Jamesy, was it your soop that I seen getting a REALLY thorough search over by cops in bangor one night, as in, two cop cars maybe around you car looking at engine and stuff?

Right down in front of rough stuff about 6months ago, maybe more.

Thankfully not. Although I have been pulled in it once or twice. :oops: They are generally appreciative of Mr Toyota's work.

jamesy

therock

RMS Regular
This was one of the biggest goings-over i've ever actually witnessed! They were checking every possible legal route as to how this fellow could have driven the supra.

Granted, he did look about 15

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.