Mate Stopped speeding !! Advice plz

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ZoomZoomZoe

Drives
Eunos Roadster
six_impressive_hours said:

Sorry pet!
Oh well, at least now everyone knows it's your b'day tomorrow, seeing as you've mentioned it like a dozen times, saves me telling them!

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
Drives
Fergie TVO
No point in starting another post on this so ill add on...

Was scooped on Friday night, cop said I passed him on the chevrons (true) and he said he over a distance of 1.1miles he had me at 85mphin a 60. He never checked my tax (ok) tyres (2 bald lol) or the strangest one to me never breathalysed me considering the mate was knocking the beers back. Then he said he was gonna let me off with a dangerous driving charge on passing on the chevrons but was passing the details on to his 'superior' and let him decide on the speeding.

Normally I wouldn't care, as far im concerned if im caught tough s**t but the odd thing was he wrote all my details down on a blank page, do they not usually put it into a notebook or something??

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
Been doing considerably over the speed limit on the bike before when an umarked Mondeo pulled me over. Gave me a lecture told me he'd be telling his mates to look out for me and gave me a producer. Handy enough.

big cyril

RMS Regular
wingnut said:
Been doing considerably over the speed limit on the bike before when an umarked Mondeo pulled me over. Gave me a lecture told me he'd be telling his mates to look out for me and gave me a producer. Handy enough.

LOL , when did you last see a bike do anything less than 'considerably over the speed limit'? :p

big cyril

RMS Regular
Do you mean he let you off the dangerous driving charge and is considering the speeding or is actually prosecuting you for dangerous driving and also considering the speeding charge?

Was the surrounding of the chevrons a solid line or broken line?

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
Drives
Fergie TVO
big cyril said:
Do you mean he let you off the dangerous driving charge and is considering the speeding or is actually prosecuting you for dangerous driving and also considering the speeding charge?

Was the surrounding of the chevrons a solid line or broken line?

He said he was going to forget the dangerous but would be passing the details onto his 'superior'.
TBH im not sure about the chevrons, it was between garvagh and P'rush, long straight with the chevrons lasting quite a bit of the length of it

big cyril

RMS Regular
Interesting - just I had always thought that if the chevrons were bounded by a solid white line then you weren't allowed to enter the area except in emergency , but if bounded by a broken white line it is ok as long as you can see it is safe to do so?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
You arent supposed to drive over chevrons...period. Disobeying road markings etc...3 points.

What "emergency" would see you needing to do this ?? Only real thing would be caused by some bad driving elsewhere, so could be avoided so isnt really an emergency.

merlin

RMS Regular
stevieturbo said:
You arent supposed to drive over chevrons...period. Disobeying road markings etc...3 points.

What "emergency" would see you needing to do this ?? Only real thing would be caused by some bad driving elsewhere, so could be avoided so isnt really an emergency.

Actually, you can drive over broken lined chevrons if it is clear and safe to do so.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
merlin said:
Actually, you can drive over broken lined chevrons if it is clear and safe to do so.

This is correct. I was surprised to learn it too.

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
and the moral of the story is.....

leave 5 minutes earlier, drive slower and we will all have clear liecences and be alot safer

colin05

RMS Regular
Drives
Nothing at the m
sum1 i kno was told he was bein let off the hook n then few mths later, a letter came through the door summoning him 2 court

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
Drives
Fergie TVO
corsa_c_chris said:
and the moral of the story is.....

leave 5 minutes earlier, drive slower and we will all have clear liecences and be alot safer

Yes Miss

Attachments

• told off.jpg
    told off.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 47
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.