Mini Insurance

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jake

rt,
im thinking of getting an old mini as a first car, just wandering if anyone knows how much insurance is likely to be, or the cheapest way you can get it... also anybody got and comments about gettin one, like the disadvantages of them???
chears
Jake

RS Darren

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
Jake said:
rt,
im thinking of getting an old mini as a first car, just wandering if anyone knows how much insurance is likely to be, or the cheapest way you can get it... also anybody got and comments about gettin one, like the disadvantages of them???
chears
Jake

I really wanted to get one for a 1st car but when i was looking for a car they were very overpriced.
One of the biggest things to look out for(as with any old car) is rust!
You may be able to get classic insurance but not too sure how this would work/ be affected by your age if you are a young driver.
But its likely to be high no matter what for young drivers, expect quotes around the £2k mark :scream:

Lee

RMS Regular
i don't think you can get classic insurance till yer older

Graphic_chick

Drives
pug 206 LX
yeah takes a couple of years after passing your test to go onto classic insurance (not sure how long exactly).

I know a couple of people who have gone down the classic mini route as a first car and as long as you know what to look out for when buying(or bring someone with you who does) and have a fat wallet for your insurance your sweet.

Otherwise like most first time car buyers (or 'R' platers) take the safe route and go for a small engine (for cheaper insurance). corsa, ford ka, saxo etc the list goes on (there are various posts about 'first cars' on the forum).

Hope thats of some help to you.

Fi

brisa

RMS Regular
Drives
eunos roadster \
Wrong, If this is trials Jake I will probably see you on MSN but expect quoates of sub £500 if you listen to me... Mine was £562 as a 17 year old.

Jake

OP
J
grt, who was that insured by? i was talkin to my mum and she rang the insurance people, they said about 3k on classic!:eek: but she knows them prersonaly and said they cud fiddle a few wee things, so it would be under her name, dunt understand it all like! also does any1 know how much a respray would be? chears
Jake

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.