Mini Mayfair Paddy Hopkirk rep

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
@gixermark my wee girl is a proper princess who is slowly getting into cars ( she has no option as I have motorsport on all the time and never shut up about cars lol ) the day I lifted her from school she said she was super happy and was beaming the whole way home, the look on her face makes it worth it, I’ve already got her using the Milwaukee gun and started showing how to jack the car up and change the wheels, delighted she isn’t a tom boy but you can have a princess daughter than can fix her own car 😎

that sounds perfect to me !!! well done

Darragh

RMS Regular
OP
Darragh
Drives
Supra TT6
Quick update, finally got strong magnets to hold the light covers on, I’m not gonna scree through perfect wings, I’m not a fan of them but they go with the replica look,

also got the AEM wideband sensor hooked up and reading off the charts when on idle, restricted the airflow more and the guage went from 18 to 16 so it’s going the right direction, when I drive or rev it the guage sits at 14 in the middle perfect so I know it works, just over fueling on idle, still on the hunt for a standard SPI air box, loose the Pipercross filter

Then today the Monte Carlo stickers arrived, last ones were magnetic and would fall off or blow off, was tricky getting them onto the curved panels but I done alight and they look respectable, I also got 37 printed on them, make them more authentic even though the original was a metal plate screwed into the panels 😂

Next step mot taxed and on the road for 1st May, car is already booked into Kilbroney show on 15th June
IMG_9249.jpeg
IMG_9250.jpeg
IMG_9139.jpeg
IMG_9510.jpeg
IMG_9512.jpeg
IMG_9513.jpeg

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
You can put the number plates on magnets too mate to take off at show. The double reg gives me anxiety 🫣 get the drilled cooper rims on too. Still awesome we car and even better the we woman beams while in it 🫶🏼

Darragh

RMS Regular
OP
Darragh
Drives
Supra TT6
I’ll be getting the black pressed plates for the shows , I will eventually get banded steel wheels painted the cream colour the car had, the original wheels were buckled and not in great shape sadly plus way to narrow , I’m even gonna get rid of the tail lights and the reverse bit, mk2 lights will look cool 😎

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
I’ll be getting the black pressed plates for the shows , I will eventually get banded steel wheels painted the cream colour the car had, the original wheels were buckled and not in great shape sadly plus way to narrow , I’m even gonna get rid of the tail lights and the reverse bit, mk2 lights will look cool 😎
Go all out, weld plates in get mk1 lights 😎

Darragh

RMS Regular
OP
Darragh
Drives
Supra TT6
@vw1500 id love to but then the car would need painted lol I have a couple small dings, gonna get a pointless dent man to sort them out, if I have to paint I’d rather go for a full respray with a better red, could happen in a few years 😉

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
@vw1500 id love to but then the car would need painted lol I have a couple small dings, gonna get a pointless dent man to sort them out, if I have to paint I’d rather go for a full respray with a better red, could happen in a few years 😉
I’m great spending other people’s money 😂
Such a cool car 😎 look forward to seeing it

Darragh

RMS Regular
OP
Darragh
Drives
Supra TT6
That’s her finally MOTd, went through with flying colours, had a photo shoot outside the center with everyone waiting for their cars, the amount of smiles it got.

Brought home and adjusted the seats, passenger seat always sat very far forward due to the hydraulic handbrake, in with a grinder and got cutting and modifying, now seat sits perfect , clears the hand brake and seat belt is easier to get on, some people modify things and don’t bother to finish them off,

Got my hands on a standard airbox and inside was a mint K&N filter, new bolts come tomorrow then the wait till 1st May to get it taxed, can’t wait to go a proper drive

Just noticed the seat belt covers, they will be pulled off, they look terrible lol also the radio isn’t staying, I’ll be getting a Kenwood DAB head unit 😉 I just not pushing it into home as it’s hard to get back out again

IMG_9572.jpeg
IMG_9570.jpeg
IMG_9565.jpeg
IMG_9569.jpeg

Last edited:

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
That’s her finally MOTd, went through with flying colours, had a photo shoot outside the center with everyone waiting for their cars, the amount of smiles it got.

Brought home and adjusted the seats, passenger seat always sat very far forward due to the hydraulic handbrake, in with a grinder and got cutting and modifying, now seat sits perfect , clears the hand brake and seat belt is easier to get on, some people modify things and don’t bother to finish them off,

Got my hands on a standard airbox and inside was a mint K&N filter, new bolts come tomorrow then the wait till 1st May to get it taxed, can’t wait to go a proper drive

Just noticed the seat belt covers, they will be pulled off, they look terrible lol also the radio isn’t staying, I’ll be getting a Kenwood DAB head unit 😉 I just not pushing it into home as it’s hard to get back out again

View attachment 431512View attachment 431513View attachment 431514View attachment 431511

that looks like a toy car on your truck 😂

Darragh

RMS Regular
OP
Darragh
Drives
Supra TT6
Engine didn’t like the standard air box, revs went down to 400 rpm, little bit of fiddling and I got it up to 900rpm but would cut out and wide band guage went mental the other directions it’s back to the restricted Pipercross filter and it runs perfect, was told someone has adjusted the stepper motor at the bottom of the intake manifold, I’ll not be touching it as it needs a professional with a computer to set it up, for now it’s running and driving fine and air and fuel is perfect when car is being driven so it’s all good 😎

Also had a spare fire extinguisher so it’s now mounted in, you never know when you might need it,

I did forget a have to find two rear three point seat belts from the later models so passengers can jump in the back

Also mounted the wheel brace and jack bar on the wooden floor, stop then bouncing off the battery or rattling about
IMG_9584.jpeg
IMG_9587.jpeg
IMG_9592.jpeg
IMG_9581.jpeg