MK2 Focus RS - PB / UG

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Unfortunately I think if you want a minter you have to bite your tongue and go RSDirect, not a great experience but the cars they sell are excellent, you will get an honest answer on rust too. My car is head and shoulders above the others I looked at, they don’t sell *****

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
I've done this long without one, as I've always said I'll happily do without. It's only a car:oops:

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Unfortunately I think if you want a minter you have to bite your tongue and go RSDirect, not a great experience but the cars they sell are excellent, you will get an honest answer on rust too. My car is head and shoulders above the others I looked at, they don’t sell *****
I enquire about a car last week, agreed a price of £22k, then he sold to RS direct. Now for sale at £24k. I ain't paying anyone £2k profit for doing sweet FA sorry

MarkM

RMS Regular
I enquire about a car last week, agreed a price of £22k, then he sold to RS direct. Now for sale at £24k. I ain't paying anyone £2k profit for doing sweet FA sorry

But that will be the same for any dealer, they’re there to make money, personally, to cut out the ball bags, save time and hassle, I’d be buying it if it was the right car, look at the hassle you’ve Had!!

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
But that will be the same for any dealer, they’re there to make money, personally, to cut out the ball bags, save time and hassle, I’d be buying it if it was the right car, look at the hassle you’ve Had!!
Yea I totally understand they need to make profit obviously, but on a personal level the way they spoke to me on the phone a while back they can go and *****
Absolutely no question they have a great thing going but I expect to be treated how I would treat someone else. That means more to me than money

MarkM

RMS Regular
Yea I totally understand they need to make profit obviously, but on a personal level the way they spoke to me on the phone a while back they can go and *****
Absolutely no question they have a great thing going but I expect to be treated how I would treat someone else. That means more to me than money

Oh I understand, believe me, they’re not the nicest to deal with, arrogant is being polite, that said, if they had the right car for me I’d buy again as I know the quality of what they sell. That being said they did help me out in the end by keeping my car for 3 weeks until I saw it with a refundable £500 paypal deposit, you definitely don’t get the warm fuzzy special car buying experience though lol, they have desirable cars and they know it.

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Oh I understand, believe me, they’re not the nicest to deal with, arrogant is being polite, that said, if they had the right car for me I’d buy again as I know the quality of what they sell. That being said they did help me out in the end by keeping my car for 3 weeks until I saw it with a refundable £500 paypal deposit, you definitely don’t get the warm fuzzy special car buying experience though lol, they have desirable cars and they know it.
No doubt, maybe I caught them on a bad day I don't know. And I'm sure they don't buy crap.
Awell it is what is is I guess, there's worse things to worry about in life never mind trying to find the right car, whatever happens will happen (y)

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS

They’ll have to provide a warranty, which is invaluable.
From what I’ve read about them, they ALL rust due to the galvanizing defect, so whether it has rust now, had rust that’s been repaired or is clean - that’ll rust too.
I’d stop focusing so closely on the rust issue and deal more on spec/miles/history. The car can be repaired & painted, the clock and mechanical condition can’t be corrected.

MarkM

RMS Regular
From what I’ve read about them, they ALL rust due to the galvanizing defect, so whether it has rust now, had rust that’s been repaired or is clean - that’ll rust too.
I’d stop focusing so closely on the rust issue and deal more on spec/miles/history. The car can be repaired & painted, the clock and mechanical condition can’t be corrected.

Their warranty is 6 months, with a max of £1000 in the small print, so pretty useless

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Believe me I'm not that narrow minded, if it ain't rust it's something else, ie previously tuned etc

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Their warranty is 6 months, with a max of £1000 in the small print, so pretty useless

Same as most non franchise dealers is it not? Max claim per issue on my warranty is £750 which is why I’m going for the Audi one on mine.

Ian, if it was me I’d just buy on mileage/age/history and if it needs paint then worry about that when you’ve bought one.
Although, I’d spend 23K on something with a few more cylinders

MarkM

RMS Regular
Same as most non franchise dealers is it not? Max claim per issue on my warranty is £750 which is why I’m going for the Audi one on mine.

I’ve no idea tbh, I’m no fan of warranties anyway, if something goes wrong, I fix it, pissing away money ‘just in case’ feels wrong to me. I modify everything anyway lol

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
I was going to say, just go for a Clubsport S and your sorted!!!! They are brilliant!

MarkM

RMS Regular
Or if VW remove their finger from the rear passage a new TCR, that way I'll know it's Mint:cool:

It’s not the car, it more buying something practically the same is a recipe for getting bored very quickly, from my own experience anyway! You’ve the opportunity to buy something different, interesting and engaging!

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
It’s not the car, it more buying something practically the same is a recipe for getting bored very quickly, from my own experience anyway! You’ve the opportunity to buy something different, interesting and engaging!
It is my preferred option and I'll continue to try

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Taking a step back from this as it's just become an obsession, and tbh it's just not enjoyable which it should be.
Sick of seeing the same cars over and over.
Not gonna spend £22-23k on something I ain't 100% happy with, I'll happy do without

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Taking a step back from this as it's just become an obsession, and tbh it's just not enjoyable which it should be.
Sick of seeing the same cars over and over.
Not gonna spend £22-23k on something I ain't 100% happy with, I'll happy do without
Can you lend me £22k until next julember

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.