Mk3 Astra

seanmooney

RMS Regular
OP
seanmooney
Opel steering wheel but vauxhall every where else?

Engine bay looks class

Aye I’m changing that . It was a super mint wheel so I couldn’t pass on it but I had the Opel badge . Think I have a deal done with a guy in England to swop the horn section with a Vauxhall badge cause I dont think you can get the badges out to change .

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Aye I’m changing that . It was a super mint wheel so I couldn’t pass on it but I had the Opel badge . Think I have a deal done with a guy in England to swop the horn section with a Vauxhall badge cause I dont think you can get the badges out to change .
I might have a Vauxhall one in my shed
Need to check
IMG_7267.jpeg

seanmooney

RMS Regular
OP
seanmooney
Been quiet lately.. still waiting on my interior now which is starting to p1ss me off.

Got a few spare hours yesterday and got to bleeding the brakes.

IMG_6143.jpg

Going to get the skirts fitted this week , bit more access now with the car up on stands. Have holes to drill for wellnuts on the sill to fix the skirts to so should get through it a lot quicker now.

seanmooney

RMS Regular
OP
seanmooney
Got the main part of the skirts fitted last night. Lets hope they never have to come off again.

The well nuts were a great job, drilled them out and used metal pain to seal the metal before butting them in and i used stainless bolts to stop any rusting.

IMG_6149.jpg

im nor sure how they were originally fitted as the skirts came inside the old Gsi shell . looked like they were screwed at both end into the arch and there wasnt a chance i was doing that for them to start rusting and my arches are mint. So used a bit of tiger seal on each end, also had to use tiger seal on the lip that slides under the door gap as it was sticking up a bit and i was afraid of it rubbing the paint.

IMG_6148.jpg

IMG_6151.jpg

All dry and stripped this morning , just have to fit the other piece that goes on the door, bit of lining up to do but i think i want the car on the ground to do this bit to make sure the gaps are the same. The doors tend to move a bit on this car when its up in the air , can feel it when closing the door as the lock hits the keeper a bit.

IMG_6146.jpg

this sort of idea when finished hopefully.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
Got the main part of the skirts fitted last night. Lets hope they never have to come off again.

The well nuts were a great job, drilled them out and used metal pain to seal the metal before butting them in and i used stainless bolts to stop any rusting.

View attachment 412132

im nor sure how they were originally fitted as the skirts came inside the old Gsi shell . looked like they were screwed at both end into the arch and there wasnt a chance i was doing that for them to start rusting and my arches are mint. So used a bit of tiger seal on each end, also had to use tiger seal on the lip that slides under the door gap as it was sticking up a bit and i was afraid of it rubbing the paint.

View attachment 412131
View attachment 412133

All dry and stripped this morning , just have to fit the other piece that goes on the door, bit of lining up to do but i think i want the car on the ground to do this bit to make sure the gaps are the same. The doors tend to move a bit on this car when its up in the air , can feel it when closing the door as the lock hits the keeper a bit.

View attachment 412130
this sort of idea when finished hopefully.

any off them i had the kits where always twisted at the ends

seanmooney

RMS Regular
OP
seanmooney
any off them i had the kits where always twisted at the ends
Is it the door bits you’re talking about ? They dont seem to be bad . I might have to trim a small bit to make sure it doesn’t hit off the skirt when closed through . Seems a bit tight for my liking .
Looks fantastic!!
Cheers , starting to take shape now.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Really coming together now, wish it was in my shed!
Only one thing I would change on it and that's the glass, a set of OE green tint would just leave it perfect.

seanmooney

RMS Regular
OP
seanmooney
Really coming together now, wish it was in my shed!
Only one thing I would change on it and that's the glass, a set of OE green tint would just leave it perfect.
Cheers chap, I know for a fact I’d rather some of the cars in your shed sitting in my garage 😂

Pictures might not be great but I have a gsi replacement windscreen. I had done a deal with a lad in Omaha for a windscreen and he was getting it removed and it broke and I came by a local man to me that said he could still source rarer vauxhalll and screens .It’s not a genuine Vauxhall one but I don’t think there’s any difference .

IMG_4713.jpeg

seanmooney

RMS Regular
OP
seanmooney
Got the door section fitted last night , stripped the clamps and stuff off this morning before work and im loving it.

IMG_6208.jpg

Had put a £10 bid on a haul of bits on ebay last week and forgot all about it, popped up last night i had won it.

Need a drivers visor and mine keeps slowly dropping down and annoys me.

Also spied the Vauxhall horn push . Have no idea what to do with the rest of the stuff. lol
IMG_6205.PNG

seanmooney

RMS Regular
OP
seanmooney
Still have no interior..

But the list of everything else is getting smaller.

Paint wiper arms for front and back and fit
Wet sand a few different areas and machine polish the car
Wheel alignment
Headlight alignment
MOT

See how it runs for a while but I'm getting a slight oil leak from one of the oil cooler fittings. At the time i got the local tool hire to make me up some pipes, they are very bulky and a torture to bend so I'm not sure weather they are putting pressure on the fitting an not sealing properly so may have to look at that again.

But yeah very close now.

seanmooney

RMS Regular
OP
seanmooney
So my Ebay bargain bucket box landed from England .
IMG_6223.jpeg

Had a good few bits in it that I’ll try and sell on.

But importantly got the Vauxhall horn push which was in perfect condition
IMG_6240.jpeg

Got the driver visor changed . Turns out they had like silicone or something in it to try and fix it at some stage . But all working normally now.
IMG_6241.jpeg

Got the rear wiper arm painted up and a new wiper blade fitted . The rear end is nearly finished now , just need to fit the new badge but I’m waiting will I polish the car first.

IMG_6242.jpeg

JH86

RMS Regular
Been watching this for an age

Perfect car and perfect colour and fair play

Altho it's crying for 5 stud and cav turbo wheels 😚