MK4 Detailed

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ghost

RMS Regular
:relieved:

Looking for the best offers/prices on having a full detail/valet.

Also, if anyone has done a golf before, a few before and afters?

Have spoke to a few people, just want a few more options and what all will be done.

Thanks

-Pete-

RMS Regular
where are you located? have a look at that other thread i have off me doing resintooths mk4 golf. my own golf and the missus old golf. ill be doing her new golf shortly too ;)

Amos

RMS Regular
Drives
What ever is in
Its not really about who can do it the cheapest, the cheapest job might be the worst.... It's all about who you think will do a good job on the car, and how much experience they have at DETAILING a Car... Pick the person who you think will do the best job ON YOUR CAR..

That is what I think, sorry.....

Detail NI

RMS Regular
There is alot of preparation, time and skill involved to detail properly. Not just a quick pass with a buff.
Just rememebr that when asking for bids.

Amos

RMS Regular
Drives
What ever is in
Also how can all the Detailers on RMS quote for work they haven't seen..... You could be digging a hole for yourselves...... But ya don't get your house painted, without the painter seeing the job first...

Sorry, again!!

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
Go for the one with the fastest buff and rechargable batteries. Will be cheapest.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Also how can all the Detailers on RMS quote for work they haven't seen..... You could be digging a hole for yourselves...... But ya don't get your house painted, without the painter seeing the job first...

Sorry, again!!

I agree, unfortunately as the market is so small for it in NI at the moment we have to meet the demands of the customer, even if it means shooting ourselves in the foot, it takes a while to get a reputation

Amos

RMS Regular
Drives
What ever is in
I agree, unfortunately as the market is so small for it in NI at the moment we have to meet the demands of the customer, even if it means shooting ourselves in the foot, it takes a while to get a reputation

The only thing I would say Pete is the lower the price you go now, the harder it will be to ask for a HIGHER price in 2 years time....

EG:- I'll buff your car for £60 now, but in two years when the markets bigger I'll Charge £200..... All your previous customers will go else were....

Personally I've payed £200+ for a Correction Detail, and got a great job..... But he was at it for 11 hours, plus traveling down to me, and the cost of Polish, Buff, Wax etc is not cheap...... I would pay this no bother as the job he did was second to none, and I love the detailing side of cars..

I think all the Detailers on this Forum should work together more, like the boys on Detailing World.... All charge the same sort of money, and work in your areas etc.... I wanted Polish Bliss to Detail my car at the Start and they passed me on to someone in Northern Ireland.

I think people asking for prices is just silly, and not correct...

Stick together guys and keep the price up!, as it is a great service and very time consuming.... The more people ask etc the lower the price will go... Set a Correction Detail at £150-£200 say for example, depending on how bad the car is...

If ya's don't it won't be long till a Detail will be the same price a Valet £50..

Sorry to ramble on, I've had 2 BEERS, and I don't really drink....!!

OVER AND OUT....

Amos

RMS Regular
Drives
What ever is in
SORRY, The guy I talk about above, took 12 weeks to get, as he was fully booked for £200+ Correction Details every weekend.....

SO the market is out there....!

Ruth

RMS Regular
Yeah the market is out there but not when everyone is undercutting everyone else over here...

Amos

RMS Regular
Drives
What ever is in
Then why not all sit down and set PRICES, Ruth.... Do ya not think that is a good Idea.........

I know it is mega hard work a full corect detail...

If ya's don't do something soon, the RMS Detail will be £50..

Ruth

RMS Regular
well if people want to pay £50 then go right ahead i say.. lol

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
I think the problem i have is trying to convince people over here to part with their money! most owners of cars just want it cleaned, they dont realise the amount of time, effort and high quality materials involved. I try to use an hourly rate, rather than a set amount, that way a bigger/ more swirly car costs more, because it takes longer to do!

stewarty.c

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda Premacy
Ryan you and Amos have just hit the nail on the head in to different answers.
As you say Ryan no one wants to pay that sort of money to get there car "CLEANED" to them unless they are a slight car enthusiast.
And Amos as you say though all this i will detail for £50 is ridiculous. at least you understand the time and effort goes into it.

I started to buy pieces of kit and gather up to go on my own but with the market so up and down with people cutting eachothers throats i didnt bother.

Although you also have to understand someone asking cheaper prices to start as they might not have as much experience as others and the only way to get that is do more and more details.
(sorry for bleathering on and on guys lol)

Amos

RMS Regular
Drives
What ever is in
Although you also have to understand someone asking cheaper prices to start as they might not have as much experience as others and the only way to get that is do more and more details.
(sorry for bleathering on and on guys lol)

I do agree with that statement lad, but In my eyes people should be gaining Experience on Friends and Familys cars, and not the General Publics Cars... I have buffed through the Paint on some of my own cars, so I wouldn't like to do it to a Customers Car... If you were to do that on a Forum Members car, it would be round like wild fire..... Then your Detailing Day would be over...

CHEAPER PRICES, What are cheaper prices, I have been quoted £80 for a Full Paint Correction, that when done right can take 12+ hours....... I also know of a Member who wanted a Full Show Preparation on a Car, full Paint Corection, Interior Shampooed, Engine Bay etc, and thought £180 was FAR to dear...... That is 2 days work at least for GOD SAKE....

Cheaper Prices might work as such, but to start the ball rolling at £80 is just F@?KING STUPID, what can ya increase that too £96 20% increase which is massive....

I don't do Detailing as a living, but have a MASSIVE Pasion for it and my own cars, I have Thousands of pounds of stuff in my garage, and some Site Members have seen my collection.... But I just wouldn't have the time to do it Professionally.... But I wouldn't start if I was going to get so LITTLE like this so fast!!.....

PS:- I'm not being a D1ck about this, I have a massive pasion for Detailing and all I'm trying to do is help and keep it alive....

OVER AND OFF TO WORK....

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
what Amos is saying is 100% correct.

i dont do much detailing, other than personal and a few others, yet one of my mates was driving a tatty calibra turbo, and thought i was expensive at £60 for a cut, polish, seal and wax! i even gave him a lambswool mitt and 2litres of our car wash with as part of the price!

if i were to tell him i needed at least £120 to do the same job now he'd crap himself!

sc_evo

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
is there any good detailers in the magherafelt or ballymena area? or who is the next closest to ballymena?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.