mobile paint repair recommendations

E39530D

RMS Regular
hi everyone, could anyone recommend a mobile paint repair person for a scuffed rear bumper on a G31 bmw?
thanks

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Just get a bodyshop to do it right.

A customer got one of those mobile outfits out to do a mobile wheel refurb while the car was with us. It was by far and away the worst job I have ever seen in my life. So much so we intervened to make sure the customer didn’t pay a penny for it.

It can’t be done properly outside of a professional bodyshop setting

E39530D

RMS Regular
OP
E39530D
The only problem with that is it’s a taxi that works 8-6.30 mon-fri. We get most of our cars done locally by lisburn accident repair centre, but they only work mon-fri so it means 2/3 days off the road for a job that’s not even that bad to begin with.
It’s probably just gonna have to stay the way it is for a while as it’s just been off the road for two weeks due to buying a house and a house move so funds are already low after the disasters that come along with that 🤦‍♀️
Ideally It would need someone who could do it in a day on a Saturday but that’s not possible as most don’t do the weekend

E39530D

RMS Regular
OP
E39530D
Colortec in Lisburn do mobile work afaik, agree with Pete though. A decent job can’t be done outside of a bodyshop.
Yea we know that. It’s just the time constraints with it being on the road for work and no body shops working the weekend.
It’ll have to wait a while until a few quids gathered up again after this house move and the 20 other disasters that came alongside as it needs to be on the road when it should be for a while
Colortec in Lisburn do mobile work afaik, agree with Pete though. A decent job can’t be done outside of a bodyshop.
It was an option at least worthy of exploring as we know people in the past that’s used similar and it was grand. But they couldn’t remember who did it as it was ages ago

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Quick option might be to look out for another one breaking and grab a bumper. Even if it’s the wrong colour just something to keep you going while the original is repaired. Can remove and refit at your leisure then.

E39530D

RMS Regular
OP
E39530D
Quick option might be to look out for another one breaking and grab a bumper. Even if it’s the wrong colour just something to keep you going while the original is repaired. Can remove and refit at your leisure then.
The other ones only a few scratches anyway so doesn’t really affect anything thankfully. Plus 2018 tourer m sport bits aren’t cheap 😂 it’ll do a while then get it fixed at a later date as it’s only visually messy anyway.

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
I used revive the other week.cant fault them. They showed up at my work and took the car to their body shop then brought it back

E39530D

RMS Regular
OP
E39530D
I’ll grab a couple of pics when he’s at home for lunch and fire them his way. See if there’s anything can be done

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
Drives
Old VWs
Got him to send me some decent pics.. looks bad, right? :/
Got him to send me some decent pics.. looks bad, right? :/
Managed to post this in the wrong thread 🤦🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG-20230403-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20230403-WA0003.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-20230403-WA0004.jpg