Mondello Track Day Friday 2nd Oct

pablo

RMS Moderator
Hey all, without being unfaithful to Trackskills Ive always fancied doing Mondello. So myself and @Cooper are heading to the trackdays.ie day on Friday 2nd Oct. We are going for the afternoon session only for logistics reasons.

If anyone else fancied trying it out you would be more than welcome to join us for the drive down/back etc. Both coming from Newtownabbey so happy to hook up at Sprucefield or something on the way past.

Thanks for signing up!
Use discount code WELCOME10 to save 10% on your first order!

Screenshot 2020-08-26 at 12.29.12.png

Last edited:

swervygerdy

RMS Regular
I'd be keen to head down. Might go for the full day though. We did it at the start of the year (international circuit) and had a great day.

More technical than Kirky but suited my 205 really well.

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
Tempted by this, never been to Mondello and always wanted to try it. Will let you know

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I just signed up for the full day.

Will be a new one for me as only been a passenger at Mondello for an autosolo about 10yrs ago.

Looking forward to it.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Are yous driving down or trailer job? Always wanted to do Mondello! If I can get the Clio ready I could be tempted. Or maybe risk the 911 and hope it doesn’t blow up.

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
I’ll be driving too. Will be a Challenge to fit a full set of wheels, jack, Jerry cans and tools in a starlet :joy:

thornracing

RMS Photographer
Drives
accent
i might take a run down to do a bit of photogaphy , but just noticed it was a friday so ill need to double check i can get the day off work!!.....

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
I’m in the process of getting my Clio 197 up to scratch, would love to hit this. Never done a track day in my life. Would I need some experience to attend this?

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I’m in the process of getting my Clio 197 up to scratch, would love to hit this. Never done a track day in my life. Would I need some experience to attend this?
I think these are well run days for novices so would be fine- however Trackskills at Kirkistown might be a better first step for something a bit closer.

swervygerdy

RMS Regular
hey Eamo, long time no see buddy...

The last time I was there they let the novices/ first timers out on their own for the first session in the morning. you can opt to put a yellow 'X' on the rear window to let people know your a newbie.

I say get it booked. You'll really enjoy it. I'll have the van and tools if you need anything during the day.

my uncle has a 197 too, he really enjoyed his first track day last month....
20200705_102225.jpg

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V

You’ll be fine, just drive within your limits, especially If there’s someone behind putting you under pressure just stick your indicator on and let them pass etc.
Once you get out and do a lap or 2 you’ll never look back!

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
hey Eamo, long time no see buddy...

The last time I was there they let the novices/ first timers out on their own for the first session in the morning. you can opt to put a yellow 'X' on the rear window to let people know your a newbie.

I say get it booked. You'll really enjoy it. I'll have the van and tools if you need anything during the day.

my uncle has a 197 too, he really enjoyed his first track day last month....View attachment 293439

Hi Gerdy, I hope your keeping well mate. That’d be great knowing at least one other person lol. Did your uncle drive to it then track and drive home? I’m tempted with this one. Might be better somewhere closer for the first time though.
Cheers bud

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Trackdays.ie used to be by far the best track days down there. They stopped though, good to see they're going again (y)

Fantastic track, the full international circuit is pretty much made for a Lotus.

You'll have a great time!

It's a long drive for half a day but it's open pit lane so just stay out and make the most of it :cool:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
200L of super would be the job lol, anyone know if you can get it down there?

There's a petrol station just up the road from the track, just before if you arrive from the Dublin/M7 direction. There's a Spar deli there as well for lunch, etc.

There is nothing else nearby.

Don't remember if they do Super. Don't think they have any super at all across the border, do they?

Edit: Nope, just diesel and unleaded in Carragh.