MOT waiting times

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
A warning to anyone who's MOT is due to run out in the next 3 months, get it booked now! I booked mine today and the best I could get was the end of August ... in Enniskillen!! Needless to say like half of the country I'll be ringing up for cancellations but the situation is crazy. For those of you that can't wait that long another option is getting it done in Stranraer - just over £100 would get you a return boat and an MOT at a garage over there. £28.50 is enough for me!

Andy

buff

RMS Regular
Drives
Jimny
the police are supposedly being leinent (sp??) cuz its not your fault.
my mate booked his 3 weeks ago and hes got one for the end of july in ballymeana. (his MOT was up last week)

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
I've just heard on the radio that they car considering MOT exemption forms/private garages to carry out MOT int he interim. Hope something like that goes ahead!

Andy

soundz_good

Drives
Avensis T-Spirit
Cooper said:
I've just heard on the radio that they car considering MOT exemption forms/private garages to carry out MOT int he interim. Hope something like that goes ahead!

Andy

I also heard this, but my girlfriends Mum went to Scotland yesterday - £130 all in, dear enough as its not our fault!!!

Emmy

aye they all been cancelled, mine was booked for this saturday (ran out on 28th may) and now its been set back to 12th august! so im gonna have to try and get a date at another centre but if not hope they get the exemption thing and garages to do it intstead.

ak

RMS Regular
I booked mine at the start of the week...

September 1st : Downpatrick
August 26th: Larne
August 3rd: Enniskillen

I thought I'd get more cancellations and not have to go all the frigging way to enniskillen, not yet though!

My MOT was due on the 5th June, I handed in my SORN and am now driving illegally... at about 10mph below the speed limit and paranoid as hell :laughing:

Cess

RMS Staff
Yes. Also, I rather be caught on the road with no MOT, than the car declared as SORN.

VeeDubYa

theres an offfer we have in work at the mo, car&1 passenger wit a night in the Tulip hotel in glasgow for 49 squid. If anyones thinkin about going to scotland 4 the mot, PM me for the offer code n how 2 book.

xHannaHx

RMS Regular
Drives
silvia s14a
there was an advertisement in the belfast telegraph the other day about taking your car, and 2 passengers to scotland to get MOT for £99, maybe this is wat coopers on about, but i didnt read it properly but there is prob terms and conditions which bring the price up

Jmax

RMS Regular
small print thought hannah its only £99 if booked through the net or £109 if booked via phone

Phil-Ray

RMS Regular
Drives
mk4 Fiesta
i booked my mot last saturday and got it for this saturday, jsut over a week wait

tho i did fail it today so ill have to wait till septemeber to get it done now

xspeedstarx

RMS Regular
Drives
X 5 r33 gtr
if you had a test date booked before your mot was due to expire and it has been cancelled, as long as you hold on to all the letters the police won`t touch you , if you applied for a date after your mot expired then you won`t get away with it.

xHannaHx

RMS Regular
Drives
silvia s14a
RaDiUs said:
small print thought hannah its only £99 if booked through the net or £109 if booked via phone
hmm true, never actually read the small print, jst glanced at the £99 offer thing! :oops:

Emmy

i applied for my mot before it expired but the date would not have been until after it expired does that count? it was the earliest 12th june whihc i was ok with i could live without my car but now its been cancelled til 12th august so i am driving illegally and just keeping the letter just incase, have to drive more carefully though as dont want to have an accident just incase course i never intend on having an accident anyway!

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
P&O are offering a car, 2 passengers and mot in a garage in Scotland for £99, travelling from Larne. All you do is ring them and they arrange a time for your mot etc on a day that suits u. NOt ideal though, mine is due in November, think I will sort out a date soon as theres going to be a big backlog.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.