Mot??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

james_04_ire

Drives
mk4 astra
just a we question about MOT. my cars up for MOT on tuesday and i was wondering what i should do about my system. i dont want to start pulling everything out. but a friend said i should. so do they definatly check the spare wheel and will i need to take everything out???

jonny106

RMS Regular
Drives
Vtec....errr yo!
They did open mine-then i realised my plate had fallen off on the way there!If its easily enough removed then do it, it is something they will check....most of the time.

james_04_ire

OP
james_04_ire
Drives
mk4 astra
its not easily removed. i wouldnt mind if it was. and getting it in again would be even harder.

jonny106

RMS Regular
Drives
Vtec....errr yo!
Then just stick the car through. Cross that bridge if or when you come to it. £18 for a re-test is the worst it will be.

p 5ary

RMS Regular
just wondering, what do they need to see if your car does not come with a spare wheel, like errr mine?

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
You dont have to carry a spare wheel, you will be fine.

As you say some cars dont even come with a spare lol

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
therock said:
Throw an old steelie in the back seat and tell him thats your spare.

...if you have a back seat

Why bother you are not legally required to have one :relieved:

james_04_ire

OP
james_04_ire
Drives
mk4 astra
ok well i suppose ill just chance my luck its only £18 to repeat as stated before. thanks!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.